Platform Operations Specialist
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
CrowdStrike Services is seeking a Platform/Operations Specialist who would be responsible for the planning, deployment, field and operational support of the CrowdStrike platform and related applications. The Platform/Operations Specialist (Platform Specialist) will have responsibility for all aspects of the deployment from the initial customer engagement, planning, installation, optimization/utility and follow on customer support for the CrowdStrike platform & applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
Deployment and Operations activities may include:
- Providing technical implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting assistance with the deployment of the CrowdStrike platform and associated applications
- Troubleshoot customer deployment issues across small to large enterprises
- Utilize and engineer native and 3rd party software deployment technologies
- Install CrowdStrike software both remotely and physically
- Develop scripts and processes around software deployment
- Plan and report software deployment status
- Work closely and collaboratively with customer information technology teams
- Leveraging CrowdStrike applications (Spotlight and Discover as an example) provide support to customers in vulnerability and asset management
- Assist customers with the integration of CrowdStrike into existing tools
- Ability to travel up to 50-60% of the time
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, and 5 years of experience performing IT deployments or in an end user/customer environment, as well as experience with the following:
- Deep understanding of software deployment technologies
- Highly knowledgeable on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Broad experience in computer and network systems security
- Solid analytical/problem solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems
- High level of motivation; self-starter; results driven
- Potential for extensive travel and assignment work exists (i.e. 3 month rotation at client site).
Experience in the following areas preferred:
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
- Software Deployment: SCCM, Group Policy, McAfee EPO, IBM BigFix, Puppet, Chef, Citrix, PDQ, PsExec
- Scripting: PowerShell, Python, Perl, Bash, Batch
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.