We are looking for a highly organized and motivated Senior Risk & Compliance Manager, with FedRAMP experience, full of ideas to make valuable contributions to the Risk & Compliance team! Do you want to be part of an innovative team that breaks the traditional notion of risk and compliance? As the Senior Risk & Compliance Manager, you will work with the Risk & Compliance team, business and technology managers, and subject matter experts, coordinating and driving efforts related to regulated industry compliance (FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST, HIPAA, Financial Services, etc.). Does this sound exciting? If so, this may be the perfect role for you!
More About You
You are comfortable working with technical leads and SMEs to analyze processes, business models and controls to discover and translate risks, and provide mitigating recommendations to the leadership team. You should be open to new challenges, strong at multi-tasking, be creative, self-directed, and a great teammate. You will drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and technology teams, both internally and externally, to solve problems and implement new solutions. Having the ability to collaborate with and influence various global teams with some level of ambiguity and uncertainty is a must.
- Analyze the environment, discover, assess and supervise risks
- Develop controls and mitigation plans, and lead aspects of their implementation
- Drive and participate in policy and standards development and management activities
- Drive compliance related initiatives
- Interact with customers and business partners to understand and respond to their compliance and assurance needs and concerns
- Work with senior management to craft their compliance strategy and optimize their controls portfolio
- Facilitate reporting on risks, findings, mitigation plans, and controls performance
- Perform regular risk assessments for your business function
- Advise senior management on techniques for optimizing the risk profile of their function
- Provide regular status updates ensuring everyone is aware of progress and road-blockers
- Formalize and lead improvements of Risk & Compliance function operations - processes, metrics, reporting, analytics
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with multiple priorities
- Should always be looking for opportunities to improve processes and collaboration, in order to increase team output and team health
- Experience within Technology Risk Management, Compliance, and Information Security
- Understanding of the software development business for cloud service providers
- Experience with control and risk frameworks, performing compliance and risk assessments, crafting controls and supervising mitigation projects
- Experience with compliance frameworks and federal security standards like FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST 800-53, SOC2, ISO 27001, ISO 31000, HIPAA in a highly dynamic cloud environment
- Demonstrated experience and skills (CSP or Federal agency) in FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST RMF, ISSO, A&A (Assessment & Authorization)
- Experience in scoping, timeline creation, complex project tracking, risk management, and process improvement
- Adept at handling expectations about risks, issues, resourcing and timeframes
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of running multiple priorities
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially communicating across all levels and cross functional teams
- Experience working in a high-velocity environment, you thrive in a lean build, test, and learn environment
First Day Expectations
More About Our Team
Risk & Compliance is a high visibility function working with Atlassian business and technology teams globally. Our responsibilities include risk discovery and assessment, advisory, mitigation and controls oversight, compliance oversight, and reporting. Our purpose is to provide methodologies, structures, processes and oversight to allow effective identification, analysis, reporting, and management of risk throughout the environment. We work with virtually every team within the organization - Trust, (we are part of it), Security, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Customer Support, People, all product groups, the executive team, etc. We also collaborate with business partners, vendors, consultants and customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .