Principal Technical Support Engineer
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
A Principal Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing a world-class support experience to our enterprise customer base. Living our corporate values of being Trustworthy, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Innovative, and Relentless, you will be responsible for resolving the most critical and complex issues with Forcepoint products as well as associated third-party products, enabling our customers to stop the bad and free the good. You will utilize your knowledge and subject matter expertise to interpret the customers’ needs and ensure they are achieving maximum value from Forcepoint. You will be seen as a technical advisor within the team and called upon to provide assistance to other team members on issues within your area of expertise. You will actively participate in product supportability programs.
- Respond to customer cases in line with Service Level Agreements.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential problems in an effort to prevent them from occurring and improve the overall customer experience.
- Approach each case with a goal of ensuring Forcepoint products are performing at an optimal level by addressing any underlying or additional problems uncovered during each customer engagement.
- Diagnose reported problems or configuration issues and recommend possible solutions and drive resolutions through to completion
- Research and duplicate difficult configuration, compatibility or product-defect issues and track results of investigations in appropriate systems
- Escalate to appropriate Product Development Team if no resolution can be found, or for bugs or customized solutions
- Constantly seeks to review and learn from each closed Engineering escalation, seeking to eliminate non-code escalations to Engineering
- Interact with Sales, Engineering and Product Management and participate in bug scrubs and project meetings to coordinate resolutions to customer-specific product issues and overall technical support trends
- Works with Quality Assurance teams to provide real world feedback and identify product bugs
- Provide technical reviews of user documentation, product requirements documents and functional specifications
- Review and provide input to Engineering TOIs that can lead to customer centric and troubleshooting oriented use cases and not just product feature set
- Actively contribute to critical escalation resolution plans, validating next steps and solutions.
- Assist with knowledge-sharing initiatives as well as product release training and documentation
- Act as mentor and advisor to other members of the Technical Support Organization
- Act as subject matter expert with regard to specific product components and integrations
- Provide in-depth training in areas of expertise, general product knowledge, and integration
- Participate in activities that are related to product development and feature request evaluations. Be the voice of the customer when discussing with Product Management and Product Development
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
You demonstrate extreme levels of accountability and are results driven; you value teamwork and collaboration; you communicate transparently and with candour, while always being genuine; you act boldly, take initiative and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes; you execute with speed and integrity, delivering high quality work product which you are proud of.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Twelve or more years of experience in engineering and/or customer support roles
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex systems level technical configuration issues.
- Advanced skills in design, configuration and troubleshooting of Linux server operating systems (RedHat, CentOS or similar UNIX flavours such as Solaris) and/or
- Extensive experience with design, deployment and integration of Windows Server Operating System 2003/2008/2008R2, preferably in an Enterprise environment
- Extensive experience with design, deployment and integration of Secure Web Gateways
- Experience in MSSQL Server
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash/Shell
- Experience in the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of Active Directory or other directory services such as OpenLDAP, Novell eDirectory, Sun One or iPlanet
- Advanced experience in Network principles, including experience with Routers, Switches, and/or Firewalls as well as advanced experience with routing protocols, IP addressing (Subnetting) and general LAN/WAN principles including TCP/IP, DNS/DHCP and/or
- Enterprise applications, including performance, interaction, and conflict/troubleshooting, with an in-depth understanding of server operating systems such as Linux and Windows
- Experience in system integration and multi-vendor environments
- Experience with virtual and cloud based platforms