Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
ThousandEyes is looking for a strong product manager to drive our strategy and execution plans for product offerings and route to market vehicles to take ThousandEyes to every corner of the market. This role also includes direct product ownership over our revenue platform, which includes order provisioning, customer usage reporting, account management, role based access control, and the different ThousandEyes pricing models. As we get settled inside of Cisco, we need to pursue every avenue to unlock Cisco’s scale, smartly.
At ThousandEyes you will be responsible for developing, accelerating, and executing a high-growth offer strategy across all routes to market available, handling operational tasks as we expand into the Cisco pricing ecosystem, and serving as the product owner for our revenue and account management team. This role has significant room for growth as we continue to explore interesting partnership opportunities within the Cisco ecosystem.
You will bring a focus on operational excellence and will work across functions to develop and implement the models, governance, policies, and processes needed to bring new thinking and fresh insight that maximizes value and drives sales and profitability.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping us:
- Continue to drive customer value in our revenue platform by re-working how our role based access control system works, improving our usage reporting for our customers, and lowering the administrative burden our customers face when setting up their account.
- Develop full lifecycle planning across Product, CX, and Sales to help us accelerate our GTM efforts. This includes assistance with Order Management processes, deal structure and pricing/packaging, and similar efforts.
- Partner across Cisco’s diverse business units such as AppDynamics, Meraki, IBN, Webex, and others to construct joint offers to bring our ThousandEyes value to market efficiently through different vehicles.
- Work with us on establishing the best process for utilizing different price lists (GPL, etc), contract vehicles (Enterprise Agreements), Managed Services License Agreements and other distribution mechanisms.
- Streamline our order provisioning pipeline, connection, and account mapping with Cisco subsystems and help build a scalable and repeatable process across Cisco.
As a critical leader partnering with ThousandEyes leaders across Product, Finance, Marketing and Business operations you will help us scale both well, and fast.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Knowledge of internal Cisco processes related to the above
- Experience either in or assisting recently acquired companies
- SaaS knowledge and experience
- Product management experience
- Skills in influencing and negotiating
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- A focus on operational excellence
- Comfortable with ambiguity
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.