Product Support Engineer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Product Support Engineer for our Austin Four Points Office. In this exciting role, you will assist every area of the business with your expert level product knowledge and technical ability. You will be responsible for troubleshooting the most complex technical issues encountered by merchants and developers leveraging the best, and most successful, eCommerce platform for growing businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, code, and proprietary tools to analyze system problems, develop and test solutions for higher priority/more complex issues
- Perform analysis techniques to manage critical situations that involve technically challenging issues
- Execute platform and code tests. Identify and communicate defects through creation, prioritization, and organization of those defects via internal tracking system (JIRA); build/lead corrective action plans for these defects as appropriate
- Work as an extension of the Product and Engineering team. Provide engineering-quality code fixes for minor defects to the core application and/or themes; attend Sprint and Release Train meetings and disseminate information to other teams within the organization when necessary
- Contribute to the software development of tools, apps, or core software improvements, including feature requests coming directly from customers
- Assist agencies and high value clients with creating and troubleshooting custom API solutions as needed
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and participate in pre-release activities, BETA programs, and ongoing improvement of products
- Communicate and help solve complex issues for our merchants via escalated cases
- Act as a product advocate for customers and provides client prospective/client feedback to the engineering/product team.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
Who You Are:
- A BigCommerce expert. You know the platform inside and out. A minimum of 6 months in-depth experience with the BigCommerce platform
- Exceptional troubleshooting, testing and debugging skills with a deep Knowledge of DNS, SSL, and the BigCommerce technical infrastructure
- Strong understanding of BigCommerce API; capable of performing, testing, and debugging requests
- Ability to self manage to prioritize the most critical needs of the team; exceptional time management, and the ability to work independently
- Intermediate level experience with internal tools (logstash, rundeck); general understanding of code deployment and supporting tools like Github
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Helping people is what you do, and you look forward to helping in any way you can - whether it’s our customer or internal stakeholders
- Teamwork isn't something you just talk about, you believe in it and help keep it going
- Working on complex puzzles and finding out why things tick interest you
- Schedule must be flexible in order to support global teams
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.