Product Support Specialist
We’re an award-winning business, recently voted Best Small Companies in Austin! Brightpearl exists to automate retail so merchants can spend their time and money growing the business.
Brightpearl is designed for retailers and wholesalers and enables omnichannel merchants to manage the heart of their business easily from one single system. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform and we manage over 10m transactions and $3b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform which typically gets retail businesses up and running in less than 60 days - twice as fast as our competitors. We are increasing our investment across the teams to take us to the next level and we’re looking for proactive self-starters to hit the ground running on our Support team.
Brightpearl’s US headquarters is in the heart of downtown Austin with a global headquarters in Bristol, UK.
We are looking for a support helpdesk agent who has a passion of providing exceptional customer service and web-based technology support, If so, then look no further. This is an exciting opportunity that combines these two areas. If you are a proven problem solver with ability to work under your own initiative and are highly motivated, self-directed and well organized, you will be a great fit for this role. We need a team player with outstanding written and verbal communication skills to add to our already successful support team.
This role will be a perfect match for you if you pride yourself in delivering excellence, possess fantastic troubleshooting and customer service skills, whilst having the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside out. We’re looking to hire enthusiastic, positive self-starters and go-getters to join our growing team in Austin, TX.
About the Role:
Within this role we operate with three lines of support. The Customer 1st Support team is the ‘go to’ team for Brightpearl customers, both internal and external, who are looking for assistance with our cloud-based platform in which we serve both retailers and wholesalers.
You will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving customer issues using a combination of technical experience, platform analysis tools and advanced database analysis tools where product knowledge and standard workflows have failed. You will be the core of Brightpearl as we look to achieve a very high level of customer satisfaction.
Your Day-to-Day Life:
- Provide outstanding phone, email, and chat based technical and account services support to our customers in a fast-paced 24x7 environment (expect up to 6 hours of talk / chat time a day)
- Provide world class Customer 1st Support to our ever-growing customer base with your unsurpassed customer service and problem solving capabilities
- Replicate customer reported issues and transfer to a developer report with clear reproduction steps and analysis.
- Ability to recognize severity of issues and react appropriately.
- Ability to work on time sensitive issues and provide timely resolution and clear customer communication.
- Occasional ‘on call’ rota availability for emergency issues outside of normal working hours.
- Feedback to support team colleagues to develop product knowledge and understanding.
- Develop excellent database structure knowledge.
- Decrease incoming volume by striving toward first contact resolution and proactively advising customers on best practices solutions.
- Escalate complex data fixes and summarize the investigation and observations.
- Ticket creation on Zendesk support system.
- Building successful relationships with our customers, both internal and external.
- Proactively looking to improve our service to customers by being sensitive to their business needs.
- Continuously improving product knowledge using our self-training tools and resources.
- At least 1 years of experience in a phone based technical support or customer consulting position in a fast paced environment preferred
- Content generation for help centre documentation.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Stock management and Order management experience preferred
- Accounting, Finance, Business, or Computer Science degree preferred
- Good understanding of APIs, email protocol (SMTP) and Domain Name Servers (SPF records, CNAME, A records etc.).
- Experience working with eBay, Amazon, Magneto, Shopify, BigCommerce is a plus.
- Experience with products related to accounting, inventory, CRM and sales order processing.
- Good understanding of email protocol (SMTP) and Domain Name Servers (SPF records, CNAME, A records etc.).
- Technical experience with SAAS platforms preferred.
- Previous experience with web-based software
- Previous experience with an accounting or bookkeeping package
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2018
- Competitive compensation package: salary, stock options, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with