About the Role:
Come join one of 2020’s Best Places to Work in the heart of downtown Austin where we’re making the lives of retailers simpler by automating the back office. Your part in it all as a Product Support Specialist? You will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving customer issues using a combination of technical experience, platform analysis tools and advanced database analysis tools where product knowledge and standard workflows have failed. You will advise them with best eCommerce practices. You will be the core of Brightpearl as we look to achieve a very high level of customer satisfaction.
We pride ourselves on work-life balance so before we get too into your day-to-day, here are some of the things we bring to the table: generous PTO (20 days in all) plus 12 holidays, stocked kitchen, 6th street location, 100% paid medical and dental, but that’s not all, check out our website to see what else!
Your Day-to-Day Life:
- Provide outstanding phone, email, and chat based technical and account services support to our customers with best eCommerce practices in a fast-paced 24x7 environment (expect up to 6 hours of talk / chat time a day)
- Replicate customer reported issues and transfer to a developer report with clear reproduction steps and analysis.
- Ability to recognize severity of issues and react appropriately.
- Ability to work on time sensitive issues and provide timely resolution and clear customer communication.
- Occasional ‘on call’ rota availability for emergency issues outside of normal working hours.
- Feedback to support team colleagues to develop product knowledge and understanding.
- Develop excellent database structure knowledge.
- Decrease incoming volume by striving toward first contact resolution and proactively advising customers on best practices on eCommerce solutions.
- Escalate complex data fixes and summarize the investigation and observations.
- Ticket creation on Zendesk support system.
- Building successful relationships with our customers, both internal and external.
- Proactively looking to improve our service to customers by being sensitive to their business needs.
- Continuously improving product knowledge using our self-training tools and resources.
- At least 1 year of experience in a phone based technical support or customer consulting position in a fast paced environment preferred
- Content generation for help center documentation.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Stock management and Order management experience preferred
- Accounting, Finance, Business, or Computer Science degree preferred
- Good understanding of APIs, email protocol (SMTP) and Domain Name Servers (SPF records, CNAME, A records etc.).
- Experience working with eBay, Amazon, Magneto, Shopify, BigCommerce is a plus.
- Experience with products related to accounting, inventory, CRM and sales order processing.
- Good understanding of email protocol (SMTP) and Domain Name Servers (SPF records, CNAME, A records etc.).
- Technical experience with SAAS platforms preferred.
- Previous experience with web-based software
- Previous experience with an accounting or bookkeeping package
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2019
- Competitive compensation package: salary, stock options, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with
Brightpearl is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.