Program Manager, Transformation at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
The Functional Program Manager, Transformation Management role (Functional Program Manager) is responsible for supporting Transformation Management Office workstream teams in driving execution of Enterprise strategic initiatives and ongoing assessments of needed resources and capabilities across cross functional Bright and vendor partner teams.
- The Functional Program Manager job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Program Management Support
- Identifies and works with business SMEs at Bright Health to identify, understand, and translate business rules, processes, and business objectives to inform direction of transformation initiatives.
- Detailed understanding of current state functions, future state goals and translation between core and non-core systems.
- Fields requests from external teams and other Transformation Office teams to obtain detailed business information and secure commitments from SMEs on response times.
- Creates and/or explains templates and tools used to collaborate with other teams.
- Collaborates with business SMEs to set expectations of time commitments both in terms of level of effort and timing to minimize disruption to business-as-usual activities.
- Drives accountability with the business SMEs to provide inputs and sign-off on requirements, design, and acceptance criteria for implementations and migrations.
- Escalates risks and issues to Transformation Office Leadership.
- Partners with other Functional SME Leads within their team to drive cross-function solutioning.
- Collaborates with other Functional SME Leads within the team to coordinate joint sessions between functions needed to drive requirements gathering and sign-off activities.
- Works with Functional SME Leads in other Transformation Office teams when cross Line of Business solutioning and sign-off is required.
- Migration planning for current year and overall transformation plan from a people, process, and technology standpoint.
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs.
- Enterprise Scalability/Process Improvement
- Recognizes problems and can make recommendations/decisions on the best course of action to remediate. Resourceful at coming up with solutions using existing or available resources based on knowledge of the organization and level of execution effort.
- Continuously evaluates cost of shared services, improved processes, and procurements to reduce Enterprise administrative cost structures.
- Work closely with initiative sponsors, cross-functional teams and assigned program managers to plan, develop and scope deliverables, required resources, budget and deployment roadmap timing.
- Completes other assignments and initiative-based projects balancing company need, individual skill-set, and individual desire.
- Maintains HIPAA guidelines to ensure the confidentiality of all calls and documents.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings, coordinating among high energy participants, and directing towards productive results required.
- Demonstrated experience leading corporate strategic initiatives required.
- Strong working knowledge of Medicare and CMS Submissions required.
- Strong NCQA experience preferred.
- Strong experience with the following domain components: benefits and pricing configuration, provider data management, claims workflows, accumulators, encounters, and payment integrity, preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements and penalties relevant to lines of business, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Three (3) to Five (5) years of equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three (3) or more years of healthcare experience preferred.
- Three (3) years or more of experience managing projects with demonstrated success required.
- Three (3) years or more of experience in a management/leadership role with demonstrated success required.
- Knowledge of business processes to inform system migrations preferred.
- Proven ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies required.
- Thrives in a results-driven environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proficient with Project Management tools.
- Effectively manage and balance priorities for self and team.
- Professional who properly handles confidential information.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to positively handle/manage stress, such as high work volume and frequent change.
- Proven ability to think outside the box, optimize cross-functional processes and lead change.
- A blend of big-company business and process management experience, with the ability to translate needs to entrepreneurial/startup organizations.
- Outstanding client relationship, client facing and consulting skills. Able to juggle multiple priorities and know when to delegate, and when to take direct ownership.
- Ability to apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Understanding of cross-functional and functional coordination
- Comfortable presenting to senior executives.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.