Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
Building strong relationships with healthcare providers is a core part of what we do at Sana. We are looking for a hard-working, empathetic person to join our provider operations team. In this role, you will connect directly with healthcare professionals to expand Sana’s network. You will also work closely with our members on a daily basis to ensure seamless access to medical care and generally help our members feel well taken care of when seeking care. The job is part operations, part customer service, and part business development.
We are building a distributed operations team and encourage all applicants to apply, regardless of location.
What you will do
- Provide accurate and easy-to-understand guidance in the complex world of health insurance and employer benefits across multiple channels (phone, chat, and email) to both providers and members.
- Respond quickly to new provider requests from members and manage negotiations to satisfactory resolution.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners, including PPO networks and repricing vendors.
- Give feedback to the product team to develop solutions to facilitate member access to care.
- Generally strive to make sure members feel taken care of and love our service.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of related experience in social work, patient advocacy, or health coaching preferred.
- Remote work experience and ability to work Central Standard Time hours preferred.
- Excellent communicator.
- Some knowledge of healthcare and/or insurance benefits preferred.
- Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch.
- Values-oriented. You care about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Gritty. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description.
- Comfortable with modern web applications. We are building all of our software in-house and you will be a key constituent in its development.
- Stock options in rapidly scaling startup
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA plans
- Parental leave
- Remote worker stipend
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
Read Full Job Description