Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia Sales brings our unique approach to Operational Customer Experience Management to enterprise customers across Financial Services, B2B, Telecom, Retail, Hospitality, and Automotive industries. Our team is responsible for building long-term mutually successful relationships with our impressive customer base: 4 of America’s 5 largest banks, 6 of the 10 largest global Telcos, 5 out of the 10 biggest Fortune 500 retailers, 7 of the 10 largest global hotel chains, and 3 of the world’s top luxury car brands. As a team of consultative Sales professionals, our mission is to create a legendary team and establish a reputation across enterprise software for sales excellence, impact, and everyday personal/professional growth.
Consumers' expectations are changing weekly, even daily, and technology is driving how organizations do business. Consumers demand a voice in the experiences they have with the companies they love, and those businesses are eager to use that voice to accelerate their growth. The location of this role is flexible.
As a Regional Director, Telecommunications & Media you will lead and inspire a team of senior Sales Directors and partner with the Medallia sales ecosystem to drive large revenue opportunities forward with our most strategic enterprise accounts in the vertical.
Create and sustain a culture of high performance and high expectations, of empowerment and accountability, of collaboration and integrity
Set clear short-term and long-term plans for strategic accounts within vertical accounts
Create a strategic plan with your team on an account by account basis to expand the usage of Medallia within our install base, and secure new Customers
Hold yourself and your team accountable for operational and financial results
Embrace a commitment to high impact deal execution:
Help your team identify, qualify, and close deals, from start to finish
Identify - assist with pipeline generation ideas, identify new ways into accounts, coaching Sales Directors on champion building efforts, on negotiations, deal structure, etc. Qualify-continued emphasis on testing and building supporters across complex global accounts, interested in driving tangible business value, and willing to collaborate openly to succeed together.
Close - through accurate forecasting and deal-level knowledge/collaboration, exceed revenue and success targets by driving win-win deals with Clients to closure
Leverage your creativity and influence to build account-based marketing approaches and go-to-market strategies with global system integrators, product, and ecosystem teams.
Lead by example:
Connect and build rapport with all levels of the team and sales ecosystem
Develop GM-level relationships with Pre-Sales, Account Management, Marketing, and other core teams across Medallia
Develop and coach your team to emphasize everyday improvement leading to accelerated development, and career progression on target with expectations
- Lead a team of Strategic and Enterprise Sales Directors (ICs) opening new accounts and retaining critical business--this includes partnering on prospecting strategies, meeting preparation efforts, and territory reviews
- Own, drive, and accurately forecast new software bookings, retention, and up-sell/cross-sell opportunities
- Define territory strategies, account lists, and quota expectations
- Attract, recruit and hire Enterprise Sales Leaders and President’s Club attendees
- Partner internally with Sales Leadership, Sales Ops and Marketing to continuously improve our sales approach and win rate
- Work with sales leadership team to set the vision, strategy, and tone for your region
- Minimum of 2 years as a first tier leader of a high-performing enterprise software sales team
- Minimum of 7 years as a top-performing individual contributor in an enterprise software sales role
- Demonstrated experience exceeding quota in an enterprise sales organization
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining C-suite relationships
- Proven history of closing complex 7 and 8 figure opportunities with multiple buyers across multiple lines of business
- Prior experience managing enterprise deals in the Telecommunications and Media industry
- Track record of inspiring and developing high-performing sales professionals
- Location for this role is flexible as your team will be spread out across the country
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.