Regional Team Lead, Technical Support at Unity Technologies
Multiplay is a leader in specialized infrastructure and hosting solutions for the gaming industry. We are responsible for bringing the world’s gamers together by making connected games incredibly easy to deploy and maintain. Our technology stack stretches all over the world and our technical operations team are at the forefront of keeping gamers online 24/7. Recently joining forces with Unity Technologies, Multiplay is preparing for greater success and rapid scale.We are looking for a passionate, dedicated hands-on leader to join our support operations team, build out our global footprint and deliver world-class customer experience for the biggest game developers in the world. You will be leading a local team of equally passionate technical support engineers who are focused on keeping the world’s biggest online games running, whilst showing them how it is done. The mission is simple - make sure gamers can game. We use our expertise to make sure our technology stack is fully automated and we place a large focus on efficiency and resiliency to deliver our mission.
You will be working on both physical and virtual infrastructure navigating all the challenges working with full stack systems, and managing the support teams working across these systems. You must be passionate about building high performance, resilient platforms, and of course, passionate about games.
Gamers deserve the very best.Responsibilities
- You will be one of three regional team leaders for our best-in-class Customer Support team forming a team of leadership excellence, tasked with driving our customer experience to dizzying heights
- Working within a senior and authoritative capacity, an obvious leader; coaching your local colleagues and driving your team to succeed through demonstration will be core parts of your role
- Actively managing customer expectations and requirements through the use of written and verbal communication and close collaboration with a global team
- Creation and maintenance of customer-facing documentation, with a “preventative” rather than “curing” mentality wherever possible.
- Monitoring, responding to and managing service metrics and alerts and customer SLA tickets; prioritizing as appropriate.
- Management of live infrastructure, including custom systems and services worldwide, Large and small scale dedicated game server software, Machine farm consisting of bare metal, cloud, and other server hosting systems, and Multiplay’s award-winning scaling technology
- Communicate with vendors to check, maintain or replace hardware as well as help to identify and fix network related issues
- Knowledge and experience working with applications such as SSH, Remote desktop, command line based text editors and network tracing tools
- Proficiency in navigating and using unix based file systems
- Experience using a handover process to inform other members of the team about work or tasks that need doing. This is a critical process for global teams
- Experience using an escalation / on-call system in order to action and resolve business critical tasks
- Intermediate level of understanding with server hardware and experience with identifying faulty components
- Gameserver administration knowledge and experience including hands on experience with game server configurations, setups and parameters
- Very passionate about gaming - you know your latest Call of Duty from your Apex Legends!
- An understanding of game mods and how they interact with the base game, including compiling, updating and installation. (Sourcemod, metamod, rust-oxide)
- The ability to adapt solutions and think on your feet when faced with difficult issues or complex tasks
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools like Puppet
- Familiar with widely open source technologies like Kibana/Logstash
- Experience coding with Golang
Hours of work: Days including weekends shift work (9am-7pm, 5 days on shift, 3 days off)
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.