Role: Regional Territory Manager
Locations: Remote located in West Coast, Northeast and/or Texas
Reports To: Director of Agency Operations
Hippo is modernizing the home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About This Role
The Regional Territory Manager would be responsible for agency appointments, training agency personnel on Hippo’s products, procedures and underwriting guidelines with the goal of increasing Hippo’s product sales in their respective region. The Regional Territory Manager would also provide input and participate in gathering and creating reports relating to weekly agency visits and contacts, market intelligence, market planning and communication of technical development of products and services to clients.
You are well-versed in the property insurance realm and have an in-depth knowledge of the industry as a whole. You’re great at building relationships and evangelizing products, processes and training others on best practices.
- Evaluates agency qualifications for appointment and make appropriate recommendations for appointment.
- Coordinates receipt of and execution of appointment paperwork between agents and company.
- Schedules, coordinates and conducts agent training sessions on individual and regional basis.
- Schedules, coordinates and conducts monthly customer service training sessions.
- Collects and communicates feedback from agent and CSR training sessions to appropriate department to drive improvements.
- Responsible for agency production and quality of business.
- Provides recommendations as to modification of and improvement to web based quote and application platform and processes.
- Conducts agency marketing visits at least monthly with all appointed agents in assigned marketing territory; Conducts Q&A sessions
- Provides audit reports to Sales Management and Underwriting.
- Assists with agency communications.
- Completes quarterly agency evaluations to include production levels, progress toward any contingent commission. requirements, and quality of new business submissions, audit results, and loss results.
- Reviews results of quarterly agency evaluations with agency principal; establish corrective action plans to address area(s) of concern.
- Responsible for knowledge of all Hippo Insurance products, pricing and processes.
- Gathers knowledge of competitors, products, pricing and processes and educates Hippo’s team members.
- Provides input into annual rate review process.
- Collaborates with underwriting, operations, claims and marketing as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience marketing P&C personal experience in designated state including marketing to Independent Agents.
- Experience required in marketing to homeowners and/or personal auto and marketing in commercial lines is a plus.
- Must have experience training and developing agency staff.
- Must demonstrate ability to problem solve and negotiate with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- Understanding and experience with enacting FCRA and GLB regulation.
- Must be able to understand and review agency qualifications for appointment and make recommendations for appointment or dismissal.
- Experience selling and marketing to large territories P&C personal lines and Commercial products including homeowners, and personal auto is required.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills including; formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Licenses and / or Certifications: CPCU and/or CIC designation desirable.
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done