By joining our team, you are an integral part of our Incident Management organization. You will work with different teams to oversee and lead post-incident and root cause analysis review processes. You will offer insight on critical ongoing events from detection to postmortem and beyond. You will extract discoveries, report on your findings, craft lessons that benefit the entire organization. You will lead change to make our environment resilient and highly available.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate your strong troubleshooting skills to guide incidents to faster resolution.
- Lead post incident reviews; inspire change to prevent similar issues from happening again.
- Apply your deep knowledge in systems, networking and databases; provide leadership to NOC in handling incidents, help surface gaps and offer standard methodology recommendations.
- Showcase your coding skills. Build tools, processes, and capabilities to improve manageability, transparency, resiliency and time to restore service for critical incidents.
- Take ownership of disparate action items and tasks from post incident review processes. Help drive them to completion.
Who You Are:
- Thorough understanding of common system, network and database technologies.
- Strong analytical skills for understanding issues and identifying root causes.
- Deep passion for technology and ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and practices.
- Phenomenal collaborator who builds strong relationships with other technical teams.
- Time management expert who balances independent and collaborative work.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Senior technical leader with breadth and depth. Multiple specializations over a career in the 8+ year range is preferable.
- Familiarity with networking technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing, DNS, load balancing, CDN, virtualization, and other cloud infrastructure technologies.
- Understanding of MSSQL/MySQL/Oracle database performance and replication topologies.
- Strong support knowledge of *nix and/or Windows operating systems.
- Understanding of technologies associated with operating a service or platform in the cloud, including datacenters, systems, networks, load balancers, applications, relational and NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (preferably Go); write code that can talk to multiple HTTP API endpoints.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.