Responsible Sourcing Principal Advisor at Whole Foods Market
- Provide depth of knowledge, product-sourcing policy support and recommendation for numerous responsible sourcing factors in multiple and complex supply chains.
- Develop strong partnerships with merchant teams and provide insight on how social accountability and other responsible sourcing factors may impact global supply chains.
- Produce strategic assessments to support development of policies on sourcing for key risk ingredients.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement successful responsible sourcing programs and strategies with both Exclusive Brands and Merchandising Teams.
- Partner with internal business leads to manage key policy issues related to Whole Foods Market’s responsible sourcing initiatives.
- Build strong, strategic relationships with other businesses, organizations, and NGO partners for maximum impact on sourcing issues affecting the industry.
- A four-year degree in a related discipline or applicable work experience.
- 4 to 6 years direct experience managing responsible sourcing, transparency, and integrity in consumer grocery product supply chains.
- Experience with consumer packaged goods and/or food retail.
- Deep understanding of various social responsibility issues, including both domestic and international challenges.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of executable and measurable business programs specific to social accountability in food supply chain.
- Experience working with certification programs and standards.
- Ability to thrive as an independent contributor.
- Able to effectively educate, mentor and consciously lead others.
- Solid understanding and passion for natural and organic products as well as Whole Foods Market Core Values and Quality Standards.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with diverse business partners, including company leadership, merchandisers, marketers, suppliers, certification bodies, NGOs, and governmental entities.
- Excellent time-management, organizational skills, attention to detail, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Resourceful self-starter, team player, creative thinker with a win-win-win, solutions-based approach.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively develop and deliver a range of communications, from emails to presentations, for a broad range of audiences.
- Positive, flexible attitude.
- This position is based at the Whole Foods Market Global Headquarters in Austin, TX.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.