Retention Specialist at OutboundEngine
At OutboundEngine, we take great pride in the fact that we’ve been named Best Places to Work in Austin three years in a row by providing an excellent product for small business owners and by treating our employees as our most valued resources. This doesn’t just mean happy hours, snacks and the usual start-up perks (though we certainly provide those); it means that we take our employees’ career development very seriously.
The Retention Specialist role is one of the most important positions at our company. You’ll be responsible for cultivating the relationship with our customers by continually re-establishing the value of our partnership via phone. A strong candidate must be a self-starter, 100% customer focused, detail-oriented, organized and strive to learn new things on a daily basis!
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing our customers with nothing less than outstanding support primarily via phone; conduct account overviews, answer product questions, resolve technical issues, etc.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by re-establishing value and returning the customer to a healthy status before reintroducing them back to the account management team.
- Turn distressed customers/situations into opportunities to delight our customers, through stellar customer service with a positive attitude.
- When assisting customers, identify areas of opportunity to upsell by educating the customer on the value of the OutboundEngine’s full product suite to expand the number of services the customer utilizes (closing new revenue).
- Provide such exceptional customer service that clients recommend us to others in their industry!
- Work through multiple software platforms including but not limited to Zendesk, Salesforce and Excel to assist customers.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is great at dealing with upset clients over the phone.
- A natural problem solver, who is able to to think critically and flourishes in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Previous experience on a Sales, Retention or Account Management team.
- Excellent phone communication skills; must be professional and friendly.
- Great attitude and a love for helping others succeed.
- Must be able to learn new skills/techniques, accept feedback and implement changes based on that information.
- Viewing every interaction with our customers as an opportunity for education and re-establishment of the value of our solution.
- Ability to keep composure under pressure in escalated situations.
- Must be able to react positively to difficult situations and agitated customers.
- Ability to collaborate with teammates and resources to find the best solution to a customer’s problem.
- A strong individual contributor who is able to work through stressful situations.
- Incredibly detail-oriented, organized and is able to multitask/re-prioritize throughout the day.
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce and Excel or similar software is a plus!
Please do not request a demo on our website. Demos are for sales purposes only.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary with uncapped bonuses based on meeting and exceeding your core responsibilities.
- Chances to compete for amazing prizes, trips & other spiffs.
- Sales education opportunities, strong career and leadership development programs
- Employer Supplemented Insurance Plans (medical, dental, vision, life and disability) for you and low cost insurance options for your dependents.
- Generous PTO (accrue 3 weeks annually) plus paid holidays.
- Onsite parking available, bus or metro pass reimbursement.
- Monthly snack stipend and catered company meals, plus cold brew on tap!
- A professional yet dynamic atmosphere complete with casual dress and upbeat music playing throughout the day!
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events such as happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.