Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We are looking for a Scientific Software Program Manager to play a key role in driving expansion of our genomic platform capabilities. We work with teams across the company to plan, build, and optimize software capabilities that support genomic data interpretation, clinical reporting, and curation capabilities to deliver genomic insight to patients at scale.What you’ll do:
- Build a genomics platform covering all clinical genomics areas. To realize this vision we are constantly growing our platform capabilities.
- Lead significant development efforts that span multiple teams. Work alongside Clinical Genomics subject matter experts to define core requirements and product features, with technical software engineering experts to define implementation timelines and resource allocation, and are responsible for managing inter-team communication and coordination. Leading a successful program typically involves scientific planning as well as significant coordination of the software development process.
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with software engineers, clinical scientists, commercial stakeholders, and company leadership to ensure our platform meets the needs of internal teams as well as patients and clinicians
- Build capabilities that scale to serve millions of patients a year
- Proven track record of successful scientific and/or software program management
- Strong background in genetics or molecular biology (PhD, MS or equivalent experience)
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to identify development program bottlenecks, find solutions and relentlessly push implementation forward
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment on a wide range of projects
- Preferred: Programming experience and/or experience working with software development
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been crafted to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.