Security Architect, IT at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a Security Architect, IT to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Security Architect, IT, you’ll join the Office of the CIO to help assess and drive all aspects of our information security program in a multifaceted, growing business. Working alongside the Sr. Director of IT Security and the Sr. Director of Product Security, you’ll innovate, lead, and advocate to ensure that our world-class security solutions continue to keep pace with our demanding business requirements. You’ll work closely with our global Security Engineering, Compliance, and Governance teams to design and implement programs that both maintain and improve our high-security expectations
This position will report to our Chief of Staff, IT, and has the opportunity to be based in any of our U.S. office locations. Remote candidates will be considered with experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Provide architecture leadership and oversight for large transformational enterprise initiatives to ensure security solutions development aligns with the defined architecture strategies
- Oversee security architecture and ongoing assessment of security technologies and industry and market trends, to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture
- Promote the security processes, strategies, and recommendations to the organization, including IT and business leaders
- Lead security in design sessions; architect and document technical solutions aligned with client business objectives; identify gaps between client's current and desired end-states
- Provide oversight and governance of enterprise security requirement in IT and enterprise systems projects
- Follow and help define coding standards; lead code reviews during projects to ensure quality and appropriate “security in design” patterns are followed
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of an enterprise system implementation
- Manage and audit data security; establish best practices for role-based access to data
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related Cyber-Security certifications and/or equivalent work experience
- 10 + years of experience in Infrastructure or security architecture/engineering/operations
- 7+ years of experience in software development and applied cryptography, preferably in large SaaS services and in an enterprise environment
- Experience in public cloud architecture and operations running in multiple substrates
- Knowledge of distributed systems and architecture, along with Infrastructure Security
- Experience with deploying and maintaining Unix/Linux Internals
- Knowledge of NIST standards and CSF scoring methodologies, along with industry-recognized certifications such as (ISC)², TOGAF, or others
- Deep knowledge in container orchestration platforms and security best practices, including an understanding of OWASP Top 10 for Containers
- Working experience on policy-based security controls (Open Policy Agent, Gatekeeper, etc.) and deep understanding of security protocols, cryptography, and authentication authorization mechanisms in both traditional and cloud-native environments
- Knowledge of security principles and best practices in cloud substrates (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment, and development programs, and friends & family events.