- Provide architectural guidance, identify and communicate security requirements, and coordinate with teams to ensure proper implementation for Enterprise and Information Security Projects
- Provide guidance on building and/or maturing information security programs, detecting and responding to computer security incidents, and implementation of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
- Coordinate design for a solution, and clearly communicate the value proposition of complex and highly technical subjects
- Augment team technical capabilities and lead technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to security threats, relevant regulatory and compliance requirements, malware, vulnerabilities, and cybersecurity preparedness
- Implement and/or assess existing security controls
- Provide expert level knowledge of tools and technologies used for enterprise security
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Security (required); Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional information security experience
- Extensive understanding of tools used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis or other areas of security operations
- In-depth understanding of networking, including TCP/IP protocols and network topology
- Fundamental understanding of operating systems, including Windows and Linux
- Fundamental understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Linux and network equipment
- Basic understanding of the components that comprise a successful information security program
- In-depth knowledge of security tools such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, web proxies, DLP, CASB, SIEM, DNS security, DDoS protection, and firewalls
- Experience working in a SOX and SOC2 regulated company
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Solid written and communication skills with the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, decision-making ability, and a high motivation towards setting and delivering "excellence"
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, positive, and creative in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and explain technical details (e.g. experience documenting incidents, technical writing, etc.)