Security Compliance Specialist at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Security Compliance is seen as a critical business function at Cloudflare. Compliance certifications allow our customers to be confident in the security and privacy of our products, while also providing frameworks for well-tuned information security management systems and programs. These standards provide clarity to Cloudflare’s teams on how to incorporate security principles in the management of systems, the development of products, and the expansion of our business footprint.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly scaling and world class security organization within a billion dollar business. You will join as a member of the Security Validations Team. This team is part of Security Compliance and is part of the greater Security Team under Cloudflare’s Chief Security Officer.
We guarantee that you will be challenged and have room for growth on our team!
What you'll do
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, IT, Legal and operational teams to drive security control implementation for the organization.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of security compliance validations:
- Conducting organizational gap assessments and provide technical guidance on remediation of the issues identified
- Maintaining security requirements in Cloudflare’s Common Control Framework
- Managing external assessors through the lifecycle of an assessment
- Help guide our overall security policy and governance architecture
- Provide input into the overall security compliance strategy
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least 2 years working in Security Compliance
- Experience working with one or more of the following security standards and frameworks: SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53
- Experience with cloud security architectures and technologies
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Ability to work closely with auditors, regulators, and internal stakeholders and articulate technical concepts
- Experience in auditing of network, operating system, and application security
- Some travel may be required to engage with regulators, auditors, or to engage with Cloudflare stakeholders in our San Francisco or other global Cloudflare locations
- CISSP, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT is a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.