Security Engineer at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented IT Security Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
We are looking for an IT Security Engineer to join our team and be responsible for all technical aspects of security. You will work closely with Cloud and Procore Product, Network, Security Operation, and IT teams in designing solutions, providing security oversight and driving security projects to reduce the risk to Procore and Procore's Business System. This is a technical role with the expectation that you are fluent in security automation, system security, network security, compliance and incident response.
You should consider yourself an inventive engineer, with a taste for the difficult and quirky problems that lesser engineers shy away from. You should revel in producing elegant solutions using whatever languages, tools and hardware you deem most appropriate and have a good grasp of broad security concepts.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Focus both on security and reliability to identify gaps and add tooling and automation to support our security systems
- Implement and support tools necessary to build a world class security organization
- Evaluate new tools and techniques to create innovative and practical security solutions
- Gather requirements and build innovative solutions around open-source and proprietary tools
- Provide security expertise in support of AWS service teams
- Directly represent the team to business leaders and technical staff at all levels of the company
- Perform hands-on security threat modeling, risk assessment, and operational security analysis
- Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences
- Mentor junior engineers
- Develop training plans for yourself and junior engineers
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS or comparable experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an equivalent technical security role
- Certified Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC or other certifications, highly preferred
- Proficiency in Python and/or Ruby, as well as a strong understanding of Linux/OSX and to a lesser extent windows
- Extensive knowledge of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape
- Experience with virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services
- Advanced skill level with mastery of most operating systems commands/utilities, CIFs, DHCP, DNS, A/D, TCP/IP
- A working knowledge of agile software development principles, CI/CD methodologies, some knowledge of Chef and/or Ansible
- An understanding of network and application security threats, attack techniques and mitigation options
- AWS Certifications a plus
- Network Security Certifications a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.