Security Governance Risk & Compliance Analyst
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Security Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) Analyst
Do you love challenges? Are you passionate about security and love implementing regulatory standards? Does educating and communicating the benefits of a systematic approach to security program interest you? You want to be at the edge of learning new technologies, cloud frameworks and integrations? You feel like contributing to a common goal and be part of a group of people who work together with respect, mutual support and clear strategic goals? Then the BigCommerce Governance Risk Compliance & InfoSec team is calling. The number one thing our customers care about is Information Security. The person who accepts this challenge will be able to make a large impact on the maturity of our Information Security Management System. In this role, you’ll be helping guide the work to make BigCommerce a shining example of security best practices.
The work involves supporting our compliance programs, working with our teams to implement risk improvement processes and projects. BigCommerce is committed to being a leader in Information Security in the e-commerce space. Your skills and your passion for protecting data and ensuring compliance will be a large factor in BigCommerce’s future success.
What you’ll do:
- Function as a representative of Information Security leading by example, being diplomatic yet firm, fair, flexible and consistent in deploying industry-standard information security best practices and applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Assistance in evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of the BC Integrated Secure Controls Framework (BC SCF) built from Industry Standards such as NIST, ISO 27001, PCI DSS around technology controls, including, but not limited to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Logical Security, Data interfaces, availability/redundancy, and Cyber / Info security.
- Preparing supporting evidence, documenting test plans which clearly describes the audit procedures performed, results of testing and conclusions reached for various processes.
- Designing technology diagrams detailing the systems and their dependencies during the audit process
- Assisting with the Department’s data collection and analytics efforts and Internal Audit report preparation.
- Assisting in the development and tracking of control recommendations for corrective action/improvement.
- Work with Internal business units including engineering stakeholders to identify and continuously improve departmental practices.
- Operationalizing security controls from the BCSCF into day to day operations of our engineering teams and having fun while doing it.
- Monitor and demonstrate compliance with organizational policies and practices, as evidenced by strong quality assurance results, and strong performance within standards and related metrics.
- Stay abreast of current issues and obtain continuing education and training.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as requested.
- Interact with internal organizations to provide effective risk and control advice, maintaining active communication to enhance risk and control awareness and manage expectations.
- Provide data analysis support for ongoing compliance monitoring
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about audit controls and techniques
- Utilize innovative ideas and tools to enhance operational effectiveness
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to business practices, processes, and controls
Who You Are:
- 2- 4 years of relevant experience in a technology environment.
- Experience with translating business requirements into project implementation plans and validation, including user acceptance testing.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and common frameworks.
- Knowledge of network-based services, client/server applications, cloud-based and virtualized environments, mobile applications, enterprise systems and infrastructure, network architecture, and security infrastructure.
- Passion about process improvement and removing friction from systems
- Direct experience with audit and compliance frameworks, e.g., ISO 27001, 2007:2017, PCI, etc.
- Background in IT hardware/software concepts and processes used within the business, covering
- Core security concepts
- Cloud-based services
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Open-source ecosystem (databases, applications, etc.)
- Experience with auditors and the evidence collection process
- Experience with the design and testing of IT security controls in a managed hosting and/or Software-as-a-Service environment
- Experience in building relationships across business functions, locations, and technical stakeholders.
- Self-direction, attention to detail with a passion to solve practical problems while dealing with a number of variables.
- Ability to present ideas/solutions and communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately with others at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in reading the culture of a company, adjusting your style and adapting as needed.
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you both take ownership and have fun.
- Able to meet deliverable's and drive your work to completion within specified timelines.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.