SpyCloud is searching for a Security Operations Manager to join our growing team.
SpyCloud is a pioneer in breach discovery. We strive to help businesses of all sizes mitigate data breaches by proactively alerting when employee or company assets have been compromised. We accomplish this through our early-warning breach detection service powered by a world-class team of intelligence analysts.
Who You Are :
You are an experienced security manager who enjoys taking on challenges. You are looking for a hands on opportunity in a startup, where your experience maintaining and managing production and corporate security will allow you to grow , as an individual contributor and a leader. You are energized by the opportunity to take full ownership and mature security operations. You think automation is awesome and you like to understand risk from a technical perspective. You attend and participate in security conferences because you are always learning. You are self-motivated, a great communicator and are able to context switch as needs of the business require.
You will lead the team responsible for the security operations that ensure ongoing prevention, detection and response to cyber threats across all of the company’s systems. You will develop and mentor our SecOps team, working closely with DevOps and Corporate Systems teams to ensure technical security controls are deployed and performing optimally.
Key responsibilities will include implementing and maintaining effective logging tools, monitoring tools and ensuring the security of data and systems through preventing, identifying and remediating weaknesses and vulnerabilities across our technical infrastructure, applications and platforms.
As subject matter expert, you will also provide guidance and leadership in incident response planning and drive investigation and resolution of cyber security events.
This is a hands-on role involving maintenance and management of production and corporate security tools.
What you will be working on :
- Evaluating and consolidating current security practices, offering suggestions to optimize our security posture.
- Evangelizing and implementing security measures across the organization
- Regular code & process reviews with internal and external team members
- Triaging security issues from our Bug Bounty or Vulnerability Management program, and help to manage the remediation process
- Automating reporting on a variety of arbitrary security metrics
- Building and maintaining tools for yourself and others
- Collecting indicators of compromise from public and private feeds for the purpose of threat monitoring and mitigation
- Threat hunting with the tools and systems that you maintain
- Taking the technical point lead on any incidents or investigations
- Overseeing department and individual projects from start to finish
- Assisting legal and compliance teams with audit work
The ideal Cyber Security (SecOps) Manager will possess the following experience, characteristics and expert knowledge:
- Attitude will be Hungry, Humble and Smart.
- 4 + Years in SaaS Cyber Security / SecOps roles.
- 1 + years leading cyber security teams in SaaS environment.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and take direct instruction during emergency situations.
- In depth experience with SIEM, Endpoint Protection, and Cloud Security management.
- Previous responsibility in management of security vendors and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and treat technical risks.
- Previous work supporting SOC2 certification and compliance programs.
- Experience in vulnerability management programs and patch management.
- Able to provide technical and professional leadership, guidance, and training to others.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with peers across all business functions.
SpyCloud is not sponsoring visas at this time.