Security Researcher at SpyCloud
SpyCloud is looking for a self-driven Security Researcher to come on board and participate in our research initiatives that drive our tailored intelligence collection. You will work closely with teams across the organization to build applications and processes that enable data collection at scale. You’ll act as a subject matter expert on all things across the research organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform data collection and analysis
- Advise and consult on the state and capabilities of technically advanced criminal communities.
- Engage in intelligence activities that include coding, threat campaign assessment, data collection and analysis in support of job duties
- Collect information to identify threat actors
What You Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in software development, network or systems administration
- Some knowledge and understanding of HUMINT.
- Understanding of social engineering.
- Proficiency in building microservice based data sources to support data collection.
- Ability to solve problems with common industry cloud solutions and tools.
- Demonstrated aptitude in task automation.
- Fundamental knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, REST)
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, research)
- Strong understanding of common web application attacks (OWASP TOP 10)
- Strong Linux fundamentals and ability to analyze data with security tool sets.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of a robust security program.
- In-depth knowledge of the “underground” scene and the motivations of threat actors.
- Solid understanding of Cyber Criminals and how they communicate.