Senior Cloud Support Engineer, Jira Service Management at Atlassian (Austin, TX or Remote)
If you are passionate about working with smart teams and providing high-quality service to the world's largest customers then this role could be perfect for you. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and our Cloud Small & Medium Businesses (SMB) support teams are expanding to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Senior Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customers' experience with our products, and have a visible global impact on processes, products, and teams. We are looking for a customer champion who will drive alignment and impact across product and operations teams. while being an escalation point for support engineers and helping troubleshoot deep technical customer issues.
In this role you will get to:
- Resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Act as the focal point of contact for global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Use professional written and verbal communications to customers to resolve application issues
- Create and curate knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- You will leverage your operational experience to identify trends, drive team tactics and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Build internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs of our customers
- Advocate for our customers, influencing product direction through customer feedback
- Develop your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with subject matter expertise in all types of technologies across the Atlassian stack
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Work collaboratively with diverse global teams and drive inclusive work environments in accordance with Atlassian values
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in technical support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community
- Strong database skills, with the expertise to write and update SQL queries with ease
- Deep understanding of SSO, SAML, LDAP, Active Directory, SSL, etc
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with APIs and REST calls
- Experience understand and supporting Java apps, especially the JVM components
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies - experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus
- An understanding of Network terminologies such as MIB, SNMP, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, OSI, NAT, DHCP, DNS, and Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Proven ability deescalating difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to support customers over email, phone, and screen-shares
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with a wide variety of people, from junior engineers to senior executives
- Strong time management skills, able to balance multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
- The ability to effectively communicate as the internal expert with customers at an executive level on in-depth technical details, progress, and next steps.
More about our team
The Support team is growing by leaps and bounds to keep up with the rapid pace of Atlassian customers (this is a good problem to have). With this increase, stellar customer service and satisfaction remains our number one goal and supporting that in all ways possible. We continually work on projects and collaborate within our group to streamline processes and make it easier for users to have a great support experience with Atlassian. Our team works hard and pitches in when issues arise, but we never forget to have fun and celebrate our successes. Even when difficult problems arise (of course they always do in Support), we're pretty sure you'll be excited about coming to Atlassian every day to do this job and to work on this team.
To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support Team page in the candidate resource hub linked below!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .