EDUCATE | PROBLEM-SOLVE | COMMUNITY
Our Content Support Managers are cloud experts who provide the crucial front-line support for our customers and play an active role in building on-line learning communities around cloud technology. They make sure that learning is a two-way conversation and that feedback from our customers is compiled for action by our content creators. They share their knowledge on forums, answer student questions, handle support tickets, provide learning guidance and make sure that content is current and serving students well. At A Cloud Guru we know how valuable our community is and we rely on our Content Support Managers to keep that community a vibrant forum for feedback, learning and connection.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Everyone on our team genuinely cares about our students, the quality of their education, and what that can mean for their careers and their lives.
Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.What makes the Content Team awesome...
Who says learning something technical has to be a snooze? With a human touch, the world’s leading cloud gurus, and a few LEGO bricks, we’re giving people the skills they need to move up in their careers and change their lives… and having a bit of fun along the way.
Based on the latest learning techniques and infused with humor, our content is more than meets the eye, transforming novices into gurus faster than robots turn into semi trucks. To get our students on top of the cloud, we have to get there ourselves. We dedicate time each week to continued learning – from getting certs to brushing up on presentation skills.
- Be the expert. You will be appreciated for upholding our content quality standards.
- Be the advocate. Be the voice of our students and a sounding board for the company.
- Be values driven. Work where people are valued, and we do right by our customers.
- Change people's lives. Give people the education that helps them improve their lives.
Everyone is always helpful. If you ask a question you’ll have multiple people chipping in to help you answer it, all in the most sincere and earnest way. We're in this interesting intersection of being a tech company, an educator, and to some degree, a publishing company. So we’ve got people from all backgrounds, who bring in different perspectives. – Lydia, Holiday-Planning Guru (and Course Development Director)As a Content Support Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Be a trusted expert that our students turn to for help
- Have primary responsibility for answering student questions
- Shape the ACG customer support system
- Support people on life-changing learning journeys
- Shape the evolution of content on the ACG platform
We are looking for someone who can:
- Manage content-specific support tickets and student questions
- Engage with and nurture an online learning community
- Give efficient and empathetic support to students
- QA content and catch any details that need to be updated
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3+ years hands-on experience working with cloud technology (bonus points for Google Cloud Platform)
- 2+ years experience in roles with technical support / help desk responsibilities
- One or more associate-level certifications with a cloud technology/vendor
- Ability to effectively organise and manage a large volume of support tickets, preferably using Zendesk
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members - a passion for education is a must
- Capacity to work collaboratively with a diverse geo-distributed team
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.