Senior Desktop Support Engineer
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is seriously growing its information security team, get in whilst the Security team is still small and you’ll have the ability to influence the culture and direction moving forward.
BigCommerce, named a “Great Place to Work” in Austin in 2018, is looking for a driven, Senior Desktop Support Engineer to join our IT team and ensure core IT operations are supported, maintained, and constantly improving. As the Senior Desktop Support Engineer you will be very hands-on, senior member of the IT Helpdesk team. You will work with our System Engineers, Network Engineers, Product Engineers, and Key Stakeholders to fix and help refine our Desktop Support Practices.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a key member on various system upgrades and maintenances
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and work leadership to Desktop Engineers
- Document maintenance plans and knowledge articles
- Collaborate with your team, customers and vendors
- Write scripts that perform system tasks and change configurations
- Analyze business and IT processes, technologies and make recommendations
- Hardware upgrades and patching
- Manage and own laptop imaging solution (Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Escalation point for complex software and hardware issues
- Support conferencing technology
- Run AV for global company meetings
- Facilitate the IT component of our onboarding program for new starters
- Assist with user onboard, offboard, and role changes
- Maintain a thorough understanding of systems end-users utilize and proactively recommend improvements
- Track physical assets and conduct periodic audits
- Work out of HQ (Four Points) with trips to satellite offices as needed
- Be part of an on-call rotation for after hours support.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years of Excellent customer service skills with a focus on customer satisfaction and building relationships
- MCSA Windows Client or equivalent experience
- Proficient with supporting Win, Mac and some Linux in an Enterprise environment
- Experience with ITAM (IT Asset Management) best practices
- Proficient with AD, OKTA, G-Suite, JAMF, and SCCM
- Exceptional ability to provide a high level of problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Exceptional ability to provide a high level of support with a customer first attitude.
- Exceptional ability to seek out opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Passionate about technology, strong desire to make our environment better
- Persistent approach in problem solving and works with a sense of urgency
- Desire to help and train users so they better understand the solutions we offer
Nice to have:
- Jamf Certification
- CCNA Certifications
- Google G-Suite Certification
- Project management experience
- Experience with Google Hangouts/Zoom/Lifesize
- Experience with call center
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with SaaS telephony, Five 9, 8x8
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.