Senior Developer Support Engineer, Cloud at Unity Technologies
Do you love gaming and helping others? Unity is looking for a passionate Senior Developer Support Engineer to join our Game Services Team! As a Developer Support Engineer, you will partner with some of the biggest names in the gaming world and drive success with Unity’s customers from our groundbreaking Game Services product suite. You will be part of team solving technical issues hands-on, providing detailed proactive consultations, and testing for customers. If you enjoy leading technical conversations with key partners around the business to drive swift resolutions making a positive impact on our customer’s success, this may be the role for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Receiving, solving, and responding to resolve technically complex issues for our customers and internal teams
- Primary technical resource and support for our Partner Manager team, supporting with tasks such as customer testing, review preparations and otherwise
- Translating technical challenges into articulated problem statements for other internal teams to rally around the user
- Communicating with empathy and clarity to both our users and internal partners will be a frequent requisite for this role
- Required to be on an on-call rotation at weekends to support the continuity of our live operations and respond when needed to critical issues and incidents
- Key contributor and leader of internal projects to support growth and scale of the team and are adept at balancing multiple time-sensitive initiatives
- Responsible for several key internal technical audits and logging as well as drafting key pieces of documentation for our Technical Writing team. This is to publish both internally and externally to ensure that we are always put the right information in the hands of our users and teams
What we’re looking for
- Considerable hands-on, technical experience with hosting/IaaS/cloud products and services in a senior customer-facing technical support capacity
- Considerable experience with Linux and Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.) and experience writing technical scripts for automation and issue resolution purposes
- Passion for video games - knowing your latest Call of Duty from your Fall Guys!
- Strong capabilities in driving complex technical projects simultaneously with testing and timely deadlines
You might also have
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- ITIL training/certifications
- Experience coding in Golang and technical understanding of complex database structures
- You’re not afraid to take chances and take unusual approaches to resolve difficult technical problems
- Experience with Matchmaking products/solutions
- Experience with the Unity engine
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.