As a Senior Developer Support Engineer, you will be working with the biggest names in the gaming industry to drive success with Unity’s customers from our cutting edge Cloud product suite. You will be part of a global team of Senior DSEs and you’ll be a key point of escalation for front-line Developer Support as well as a key resource for our Developer Relations team.
In this role, you’ll be solving technically complex problems for customers with an exceptional eye for detail and a users-first troubleshooting mindset applied at all times. Using your advanced knowledge of cloud/hosting solutions and/or back-end game systems, you’ll be the difference between success and failure for some of the biggest titles hitting the market today. Whether directly solving issues hands-on, providing detailed proactive consultations and testing for customers or leading technical conversations with key stakeholders around the business to drive swift resolutions, you’ll always be making a positive impact on our customer’s success.
If you are experienced in working in a senior capacity within a fast-paced technical support environment with laser-focused attention to detail and a love of live operations, we want to hear from you!
- You’ll be responsible for receiving, troubleshooting, responding to and resolving escalated technically complex issues for our customers and internal teams
- You’ll be a primary technical resource and support for our Developer Relations Management (DRM) team, supporting with tasks such as customer testing, review preparations and otherwise
- Translating technical challenges into articulated problem statements for other internal teams to rally around the user will be a skill you have refined over your career
- Communicating with authority and clarity to both our users and internal stakeholders will be a frequent requisite for this role
- You’ll be required to be on an on-call rotation at weekends to support the continuity of our live operations and respond when needed to critical issues and incidents
- You’ll be a key contributor and leader of key internal projects to support the growth and scale of the team and you are adept at managing multiple time-sensitive initiatives
- Due diligence is a critical skill to possess in this role as you will be responsible for several key internal technical audits and logging as well as drafting key pieces of documentation for our Technical Writing team to publish both internally and externally to ensure that we are always put the right information in the hands of our users and teams
- Considerable hands-on, technical experience with hosting/IaaS/cloud products and services in a senior customer-facing technical support capacity
- Considerable experience with Linux and Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.) and experience writing technical scripts for automation and issue resolution purposes
- Video game obsessed - you know your latest Call of Duty from your Fall Guys!
- Able to travel domestically and internationally occasionally where required
- Strong capabilities in managing multiple complex technical projects simultaneously with testing and timely deadlines
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- ITIL training/certifications
- Experience coding in Golang and technical understanding of complex database structures
- You’re not afraid to be bold and take unusual approaches to solve difficult technical problems
- Experience with MatchMaking products/solutions
- Experience with the Unity engine
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.