Consultants work closely with partners to help them solve problems and align changes in culture to optimize success. At Civitas Learning, the Senior Director of Consulting role takes on an even greater sense of urgency considering the needs of our partners. Maintaining our nation’s economic competitiveness requires a million more credentialed college and university graduates every year between now and 2025.
Civitas Learning partner institutions are deeply committed to improving student outcomes. We are looking for a Senior Director of Consulting who shares that same dedication for mission-driven work; an individual who will provide value-added services for colleges and universities, and work hand-in-hand with them to solve problems, aid in discovery, and foster environments where students succeed.
The Senior Director of Consulting will be responsible for effectively managing projects, providing solutions design, and implementing and generating project results for the organization. Additionally they will be expected to identify, create, and deliver innovative service strategies and tools to generate revenue opportunities related to new and existing partners. One of the main functions includes leading and coordinating team efforts in data gathering and analysis to increase company profitability. They will also collaborate in project planning and execution, as well as collect feedback after project deployment.
The Senior Director of Consulting will play a key role in professional development by mentoring junior staff and motivating them on a regular basis. They will also be expected to create strong business relationships, use tracking tools to measure progress and benefits provided to the partners, measure budget plans, and modify them according to partner expectations.
- Develop and manage a team of consultants from sales to execution of consulting services and engagements.
- Directs all activities and functions of consulting staff involving business transformation through the strategic application of people, processes, and technology.
- Provides direction and insight to leaders, peers and team members responsible for analyzing the most complex business and user needs, definition of business requirements and recommendations regarding appropriate solutions strategies.
- Serve as the top organizational expert in the development, implementation and distribution of strategic solutions and methodologies for consultative services.
- Provide mentoring and staff development to consultants.
- Support Executive Leadership in developing, implementing and maintaining consulting engagement standards and expansion of service offerings.
- Strategically drive new business in synergy with the Sales and Service teams
- Translate learnings from Discovery sessions into strategic account plans to drive product adoption and measurable action
- Support product adoption through training sessions, data analysis, and action-oriented strategic planning
- Use knowledge of the industry, technology, processes, and consultative sales skills to expand the consulting services provided by the business.
- Build in-depth knowledge of partner's business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into consulting opportunities.
- Write and deliver reports and recommendations, synthesizing complex ideas
- Become a trusted advisor to our partners
- Assist in supporting company strategy (e.g. committee work, R&D contribution, design sprints, etc.)
- Travel 25%
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years of consulting experience with at least 3 of those years spent in a manager or subject matter expert role
- Big 5 Consulting Experience (or similar) preferred
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience managing, setting priorities, solving complex problems and selling in a consultative role
- Track record of expanding service offerings and profit margins
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience and ability to coach, lead and mentor junior staff
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude to work in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to share the Civitas mission equally well with existing partners and large crowds of education professionals
- Must possess personal qualities of integrity and dedication to the company’s mission
About Civitas Learning:
Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & students—and measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 350 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k plan. We also have a generous flexible, paid time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.