Senior Director of Global Rights Acquisition- Motorsports at FloSports
FloSports has led the way in establishing a world-class digital streaming experience for millions of fans, families and athletes of over 25 different underserved sports. Imagine creating a digital platform that unites the casual fan with the most dedicated spectator, both experiencing thrilling live events from around the world with interactive features, real time analytics, powerful broadcast technology and more. Combine that with our unique original sports content ranging from breaking news and expert commentary to feature films, documentaries and multi-episodic series. That’s what FloSports is all about. We have successfully revolutionized the global sports media industry- the result of creating a diverse team of technologists and die-hard wrestlers, creators and devoted cheerleading experts, designers and hockey enthusiasts, communicators and motorsport fanatics, producers and casual sports fans… united by a shared passion to delight the underrepresented communities we serve. We are creating a home for underserved sports and we’re looking for people like you to help us!
FloSports Inc. is seeking exceptional candidates for the role of Senior Director of Global Rights Acquisition. This highly visible role covers several motorsports categories and candidates are expected to be “experts” within the motorsports media landscape. Most importantly, the role will be responsible for ensuring the continued success of FloSports acquisition of broadcast media rights, strategic partnerships and relationships, and monetization via subscription. Additional functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: deal and contract negotiations with high level executives, budgeting, financial modeling, high-level strategy development, presentation to key internal stakeholders, and identifying and cultivating overall partnership opportunities to grow our value and scale.
The ideal candidate will have a business development, or complex sales / deal-making background along with the necessary communication skills and business savvy to develop strong relationships with existing and prospective event partners, sanctioning body executives, promoters, media consultants, key drivers and teams as well as the internal Marketing, Editorial and Production teams. The candidate will report into the VP, Global Rights Acquisition.
- Ability to quickly understand FloSports sales process and negotiation strategy
- Pipeline development
- Ability to make data informed decisions
- Rapport building with key decision makers and influencers
- Play lead role in defining acquisitions, including summarizing data and creating proposed budgets
- Negotiating business terms and key contractual elements
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure media rights partnerships will be executable and mutually beneficial to all parties
- Continually advance multiple, significant opportunities in an organized, but expedient manner
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to successfully build relationships and secure meaningful partnerships
- Complete and cohesive understanding of the digital media world
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience developing businesses in both B2B and B2C environment
- Experience drafting and analyzing legal documents
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Team builder
- MBA and/or JD preferred, but not required for right candidate
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open our opportunities up to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized two years in a row as a Top Workplace by the Austin-American Statesman
- Flexibility at work - you can take control of your profession and personal schedule
- Strong remote work culture
- All-hands events hosted twice a year in beautiful Austin, Texas
- Annual equity awards for all top performers
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hack-a-thons and a full calendar of team-building and social events
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company donation to youth teams and leagues that our employees coach
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week