We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Reporting directly to the VP of Retail, the Director of Retail Operations plays a critical role in setting up our Retail teams for success. This person's primary focus includes leading the Retail Operations team and partnering with cross-functional teams within the Home Office to develop relevant strategies, initiatives, tools, resources training and communications to maintain a focus on operational excellence and WOW customer service to support store teams in achieving their goals.
• Build and leverage deep industry and competitive knowledge to anticipate new trends, developments, and future business needs
• Lead strategic change at the regional and company level; demonstrate a high level of initiative and willingness to take calculated risks in pursuing new ideas, activities, and programs aligned with Kendra Scott’s vision and strategic goals
• Directly responsible for the strategy, evaluation, development, and on-going management of retail operations including launch readiness, inventory management, operational policies and procedures, training, store communication and calendar as well as expense/labor management
• Partners with VP of Retail, Regional Managers, and home office leaders to understand needs and develop relevant retail policies/procedures, training and communication strategies to meet the changing needs of the business to ensure financial targets are met
• Evaluates impacts to Store teams in all decision making and ensures all initiatives align with and support overall strategic priorities
• Successful management of Field expenses in line with allocated budget
• Works with communications to ensure teams have all the relevant information while also balancing workload and maintaining focus
• Oversees training team in the creation of trainings and supporting materials that are relevant, comprehensive and engaging
• Manages operations teams to ensure smooth ongoing cross-functional team partnerships, special projects, new store openings and ongoing analysis of Field labor and expenses
• Partners with IT to drive constant technical innovation to support and drive a flawless customer experience
• Defines strategy, communicates and inspires team to achieve departmental objectives
• Proactively identifies needs, risks and relevant mitigation strategies
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• 10+ years’ relevant experience including budget oversight; multi store retail operations experience required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Relevant work experience in planning with an understanding of all phases of retail operations
• A proven ability to define and achieve departmental objectives, strategies and develop plans with achievable timelines.
• A solutions-oriented mentality with a data driven approach
• Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to manage a diverse group of individuals, lead change and inspire work toward a common goal
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to build cross functional partnerships to make effective decisions collaboratively
• A growth mindset: track record of leveraging past learnings, encouraging new ideas and smart risk-taking in self and others
• Strong executive presence
• Travel required: 30%
• Commitment to our core pillars of Family, Fashion & Philanthropy