Senior Incident Coordinator at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role:
As an Incident Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for supporting the several teams within Professional Services, who are responsible for delivering Incident Response. Your primary job will entail driving the project schedules for the teams you support, working with the Operations, Technical Operations, assisting with client projects, and IR teams in order to ensure timely delivery against our various projects. You’ll work closely across teams to collaborate to ensure dependencies are well known, critical issues are identified and resolved. You’ll also work to develop staffing models to improve efficiency and effectiveness of our team.
- Initial project set up to include the project kick-off, staffing, creation and delivery of tooling, delivery of documentation and setting schedules for phases
- Tracking and approvals of project hours and expenses
- Coordination and preparation for internal and client meetings
- Identify, document and track project issues and risks
- Prepare and deliver status reports to client and internally to technical PMs and leadership
- Conduct QA review of project reports and deliverables
- Provide final deliverables and satisfaction survey to clients
- Develop repeatable training and templates for project kickoff and management tasks
- Identify and implement any process efficiencies
- 4+ years of experience working in a program/project management capacity for professional services
- Experience with incident response, forensics, security policy and tooling, and report writing related to security findings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Conflict management and resolution, negotiations, and understanding of profits and loss for the Services organization skills considered a plus
- Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
- Comfort with proactively and independently driving for results in small team environments
- Demonstrate self-learning capabilities, taking initiative in a fast pace/quickly changing environment
- Experience working for consulting organizations
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.