Named one of Austin’s fastest growing companies and one of the best places to work, Q2 offers our employees a culture fueled by engaged, motivated, and dedicated team members. We’re dedicated to our mission: to strengthen communities by strengthening the financial institutions that serve them. We do it with our purpose-driven culture, and by helping banks and credit unions stand apart in their communities.
Q2 Software is seeking a high-impact Information Security Manager who is passionate about leading one of Q2’s top executing teams who is responsible for securing innovative products that scale to 400+ financial institutions and 12M+ users. As a member of Q2 Security, you will evaluate, design, and implement Security systems and capabilities in a fast paced, hands-on role that partners with stakeholders across Engineering, QA, DevOps, IT, Operations, and Product Management. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and approach every day with a burning passion to build highly scalable, resilient, and secure systems, then Q2 wants you!
You are familiar and comfortable with:
· Overseeing key areas of the Information Security Program including security incident response, vulnerability management, data protection, and risk management
· Establishing and coordinating remediation and mitigation for identified security risks
· Providing subject matter expertise in information security and identifying key security program elements
· Maintaining security policies, standards, guidelines, processes and procedures to ensure ongoing protection of information assets
· Ensuring technical security controls and technology are maintained and resourced appropriately
· Developing strategies and security initiatives to assess and improve physical, technical, and administrative safeguards and/or controls
· Designing and implementing public cloud Security architectures in AWS, Azure, and Google
· Designing and implementing Security controls that support NIST, SOC2, and SOX frameworks
· Delivering strategic and tactical Security guidance for IT, Engineering, and DevOps initiatives
· Incorporating Security checks processes into existing and new systems
· Baking Security controls into Engineering and DevOps pipelines (e.g., build automation and configuration management)
· Designing and implementing network-based and host-based Security tools
· Designing, implementing, and integrating disparate Security solutions into an Analyst-friendly Security Analytics platform
· Critiquing Security designs as part of architectural design reviews
· Identifying problem areas, bringing multiple solutions to the table, and educating stakeholders on the possibilities
Experience and Education Required:
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science and a minimum of 10 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with 6+ years of experience; or equivalent relevant work experience. Typically requires 2-5 years managing and developing employees.
Your personality can be described as:
· Inquisitive and innately curious about WHY
· Operate with a high degree of integrity and trust
· Cool, calm, and collected under pressure. It will not always be smooth sailing
· Competitive because Security is a chess game with an opponent that is trying to beat you
· Collaborative because Security is not about making rules that people must obey
You take pride in:
· Making an impact
· Communicating clearly and concisely
· Elevating your teammates to success
· Delivering a quality work product
· Switching contexts at a moment’s notice
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.