What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Information Systems Engineer, NOC to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Information Systems Engineer, NOC, you’ll join a growing team in the Procore Network Operations Center. The NOC operates 24/7 triaging, responding, troubleshooting, resolving, and running root cause analysis for infrastructure events. You’ll provide accurate and timely client communication during impacting events and major incident management. We’re looking for an experienced customer-focused team member who operates with a sense of urgency and can work through high-stress situations while embodying our values of Openness, Optimism, and Ownership. If you’re looking for the opportunity to leverage your proactive mindset to build and operationalize enterprise monitoring solutions—we have just the job for you.
This position will report the Network & Security Operations Manager and is based in our Austin, TX office. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Support application, infrastructure, network monitoring, and event management in a production IT environment
- Conduct daily system monitoring, including responding to, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents
- Handle major incident response, triage, escalations, and management; escalating when needed and interacting with 3rd party vendors during impacting incidents
- Build meaningful technical and business value dashboards to monitor infrastructure and systems performance for corporate and client-facing endpoints (e.g., network, server, database, 3rd party vendor services, etc.).
- Ensure our partner teams receive accurate and timely communications for major incidents and develop response and eventing automation
- Work in a 24/7 environment and participate in on-call rotation as needed
- Contribute to project development in an agile environment
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a comparable field with 2+ years of experience working in a network or systems administration role
- Experience in troubleshooting/resolving L1|L2 application and infrastructure issues (e.g. network, server, database, etc), as well as 2+ years of UNIX/Linux Knowledge
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for common network protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages such a Python, Groovy, etc.
- Experience building alerts, queries, and dashboards (e.g. LogicMonitor, Sumo Logic, New Relic, OpsGenie)
- Ability to translate complex infrastructure problems for non-technical audiences
- Knowledge or certification in ITIL Framework a plus
- Project management experience or experience with Financial, Construction, Project Management, or ERP software solutions a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment, and development programs, and friends & family events.