Senior IT Support Specialist at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
We are passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are motivated to handle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the role:
You will provide Tier 1 and 2 technical assistance and support for incoming requests and issues related to internal computer systems, software, and hardware. You will respond to internal users in person, over the phone, or slack and assist administering our infrastructure. You will report to the VP of IT & Infrastructure.
This role will require someone who can handle prioritizing competing requests, has good interpersonal and communication skills and is eager to learn,
- Good verbal and written communication
- Strong customer support skills
- Basic networking, wifi, and Internet troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X and Microsoft office
- Working knowledge Mac hardware, computer peripherals, mobile devices
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task and organize priorities in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining a high level of focus and accuracy
- Eagerness to learn
- GED or equivalent; some college or certifications preferred
- 4+ years of progressive IT support experience
- Ability to lift 25 pounds unassisted
- Able to touch-type at a speed of at least 50 words per minute
- Point person for tier 1 IT requests from internal users through slack, Jira, phone
- Diagnose, research and resolve tier 1 and 2 technical hardware and software issues.
- Create accounts and purchase/configure MBP laptops/peripherals as part of onboarding process
- Assist with administering new and existing infrastructure
- Maintain JAMF configuration
- Document processes and procedures with appropriate level of detail
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Other responsibilities may be added or assigned
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Eligible to participate in Self’s Bonus Program
- Stock options
- Self Pays 100% of employee’s monthly medical, dental, and vision benefit costs and a portion of dependent insurance coverage
- Buy up options available, costs vary across benefit type
- 401(k) Plan available to full-time employees to save for retirement
- Self pays 100% of Life/AD&D/Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance premium costs for all full-time employees
- Enjoy our flexible vacation policy
- Company paid education and training programs
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit and Gold’s Gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided at the office (Our offices are partially open)
- Casual dress code
- Team building, happy hours and events (Online now, due to pandemic)
- Downtown Austin office space (Our offices are partially open)
- Remote work arrangements (due to the pandemic)
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend for full time employees through 6/2021