About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion.Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
**This position is based in Austin, TX**
HEB is looking for an IT Systems Administrator who will work with our Austin partners out of our brand new office on the East Side. You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining corporate IT for the Austin partners as well working with HQ IT in San Antonio. We work with automation, device management, account management, virtualization, wireless systems, office networking, AV and video conferencing, facilities technology, and more.
● Evaluate and integrate new technology at HEB
● Spec out and maintain computers for all employees
● Implement monitoring system to manage our corporate IT
● Work with surrounding teams to implement the systems we work on
● Responsible for our office network
We’re looking for someone who:
● Is very comfortable with OS X and Windows
● Has experience with IT management software
● Develop procedures, proposals, plans, and guidelines for various areas of operations within the group; initiate their implementation.
● Provide first level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate groups or staff.
● Is comfortable in an open-office environment
● Enjoys interacting with people in person and over video conference, phone, email and chat
● Has strong written communication skills
● Exhibits keen attention to detail
● Undergraduate degree in a technical field
● 6+ years of IT experience
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team
● Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Linux, Windows, and OS X
● Independent ability to research technical problems and devise innovative solutions
● Interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
● Strong organizational and managerial skills and detail-oriented work ethic
● Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on need