Senior Manager of Infrastructure at LegalZoom
We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we’ve built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we’ve helped millions of customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we’ve grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we’re committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
At LegalZoom, we simply do not believe that it should cost thousands of dollars to create a will, form a business, or apply for a trademark. So we started a movement to make legal help available to all.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Senior Manager to oversee a team of systems administrators and network engineers responsible for maintaining a stable, secure, scalable, and responsive systems and network environment. This role will play a critical role in supporting and driving the vision of the Infrastructure and Security Director and the CIO.
What you’ll do:
- Documentation accountability: Ensure the creation and maintenance of department SOPs and runbooks to cover all aspects of department work.
- Provide operational leadership and management to the IT Infrastructure team to envision future direction and goals; make effective and efficient use of resources; set high aspiration for services and operations.
- Ensure the implementation of secure, highly available, and scalable solutions that support Legalzoom’s business and security goals.
- Establish processes that includes pre-deployment testing and validation of all HA solutions to ensure we meet our business’s uptime goals.
- Provide network, server, and storage solutions with preventative maintenance and proactive monitoring velocity and quality.
- Design and deploy performance monitoring and metrics-driven solutions that help ensure an uninterrupted customer journey in all applications and infrastructure are quantified, tracked and managed
- Responsible for remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Enhance escalation procedures and workflow for the timely routing and resolution of all issues across IT disciplines
- Provide performance feedback to employees including written performance reviews
- Assist with defining IT Infrastructure standards and policies
- Managing and working with remote teams, possibly across several time zones while still maintaining high quality
- Provide support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years experience working in IT Infrastructure Engineering or Operations, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives
- 2+ years of experience leading teams in a large scale IT technical environments with enterprise grade solutions
- Ability to manage cross-functional resources in a matrixed environment with multiple geographic locations
- Strong vendor management skills
- Ability to provide direction for a highly technical infrastructure team that supports a complex environment including compute, network and storage - on premise and on Cloud
- Experience leading technical teams responsible for:
- Windows and LINUX servers – Virtual and physical
- VMware virtualization technologies
- LAN and WAN networking
- Enterprise Storage and replication
- Secure Infrastructure & PCI Compliance best practices
- Highly available Data Center technologies and processes
- ITIL v3+ guidelines and NIST security framework
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Broad experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance teams
- Deep understanding of enterprise grade network, server, storage, and hosting solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with key technology vendors and internal stakeholders