Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Senior Manager, Website Optimization and Operations will own the Medallia website experience, performance, and ongoing delivery. This role will work with demand generation, creative/UX and development teams to optimize the website experience and deliver continuous improvements in key performance metrics such as SEO results, visitor engagement, conversions, and lead quality. This person will apply website experience best practices and ongoing testing to improve Medalla’s website experience, create flexible web components, new features and functionality, including chat. This role will own and apply design, testing, SEO, site personalization, site experience, and analytics best practices for Medallia’s web properties.
- Craft our web strategy with the goal of delivering an excellent user experience, including website content, design, and usability
- Work with teams across Medallia to produce weekly web content and manage long term website changes
- Provide website content and engagement best practices to optimize website experience, visitor engagement, and conversions
- Develop personalization and testing strategies to drive improved conversion rates
- Execute impactful and creative ideas to engage audiences and drive demand
- Create user stories, storyboards, prototypes and wireframes
- Optimize SEO programs and web functionalities to increase quality web traffic, leading to improvement in visitor-to-lead conversion
- Work collaboratively with the cross-functional marketing partners to keep the site current, fresh, and aligned with the rhythm of our marketing cadence and brand
- Lead site optimization and testing efforts and develop testing culture across the marketing organization
- Manage website performance and provide actionable insights to stakeholders regarding content consumptions by web visitors
- Plan and execute A / B and multivariate tests to optimize conversion rates
- Own our website metric reporting system
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of site management experience, specifically with website planning, design, development, optimization and administration (hands-on AEM experience preferred)
- 3+ years working with reporting tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Omniture is preferred
- Great project management, analytical and problem solving skills — scope work, drive execution and deliver on tight deadlines while working with multiple stakeholders
- Methodical, metrics-driven approach to continuous website experience and results improvement
- Strong understanding of B2B marketing and CRM platforms
- Prior experience managing SEO programs
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with web technologies such as chat and personalization tools
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute effectively under pressure
- Familiarity with Marketo
- Experience with Wordpress or similar CMS
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.