About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions. You’ll pursue all opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you will need to actively engage in navigating the intersection of engineering and operations. You will dive into the details to understand a complex system of environments and applications, with a drive to identify opportunities to streamline and automate wherever possible. You are someone that keeps up with industry trends and effectively adapts to rapidly evolving technologies. You thrive in a culture that leverages data and metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of the networks supporting our applications, systems and environments.
- Own your responsibilities with a customer-first mindset, aligned on business priorities, with a focus on operational effectiveness metrics (SLA/OLAs)
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and other key stakeholders to engineer reliable, scalable, secure and cost-effective solutions for our customers
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Drive incident response with focus on restoration of service, followed by root cause and permanent resolution.
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure to expand our workforce capacity as needed.
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
What we’ll want you to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience designing, implementing and supporting network infrastructure in complex environments.
- An in-depth understanding of routing protocols (BGP/OSPF/EIGRP) and routed protocols.
- Experience administering firewalls and other security devices in production environments
- Practical experience preferred in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models required (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders