Senior Owned Events Manager
WP Engine seeks to add a seasoned event content and brand strategist to our kick-ass Events team. In this high-impact, high-visibility role, you will help shape the direction and impact of our global Summits and field marketing events as they continue to grow.
Day to Day:
- You'll lead a cross-functional internal content team in developing event agenda strategies, leading all parties with regards to topic themes, abstracts, bios, presentations, videos, etc.
- You'll drive sales engagement and enablement to ensure targeted audience recruitment and event follow-up strategies, building guideline documents and talking point sheets.
- You'll develop pre and post-event success metrics with consistent reporting across all events in the series.
- You'll work with brand management, communications, social media and demand generation in-house teams to develop and drive pre-event awareness and communications plans that are executed with excellence. You'll bring your best practices and strategies for energizing past and potential attendees.
Do you have these qualities?
- You're a pro at marketing communications, owned event program management and content strategy.
- You have experience leading and producing owned events both at a small and large scale.
- You work effectively and confidently with marketing executives as well as with other marketers, and individuals across other functions and outside the organization with skill at providing and driving solutions in complex situations.
- A plus -- you also have a background in brand management.
Your Expertise and Passion:
- 7+ years combined corporate event and field event series experience, working for at least one SaaS-based B2B technology company.
- Demonstrable experience crafting user conference agendas, effective marketing communications and event campaign strategies.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience in event management as well as building out successful audience acquisition programs on a global basis.
- Exceptional program management and collaboration skills that includes a healthy respect for deadlines, ability to drive projects involving others through to completion with teams that are geographically dispersed
- Strong reporting and analytics skills. A plus-- you have direct experience with Salesforce, Marketo, and other Event Management tools.
- Inquisitive mind with desire to get to know and understand our buyers, users and industry.
- High energy, harmonizing personality, ability to thrive in a high-growth, dynamic environment and willing to take on stress with a smile.
- Expected travel: 20-25%, may increase/fluctuate based on business needs.
The Perks and Benefits:
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount