Senior Sales Incentives & Analytics Analyst at Elastic
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion, we have an opening for a dynamic Sales Incentives and Analytics Analyst to join our team. You will be a critical member of the Sales Ops and Strategy team who owns our monthly commissions process across Global Field Operations. In addition, you will help support the design of our sales incentives, perform quota attainment reporting and forecasting, and help analyze relevant field performance measures.
If you are passionate about using data to drive business results and you are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fast-paced organization, this could be a great fit.What You Will Be Doing:
- Comp Administration: You will administer commission calculations on a monthly basis for the Field Ops organization (direct sales reps, channel / alliances, customer success managers, sales development reps, sales engineers, GTM leadership, professional services).
- Incentive Analytics: You will own all monthly quota attainment related critical metrics (e.g. quota attainment distribution / histogram, rep productivity, stack ranks, earnings attainment, etc.)
- Executive Presentations / Rep Performance Reviews: You will present quarterly attainment and productivity reviews to the Chief Revenue Officer, SVP of WW Sales, and Area Vice Presidents.
- Implement Early Warning Systems: You will actively lead field performance by forecasting attainment monthly and identifying areas for improvement (i.e. pipeline needs, conversion rates, renewal rates, etc). Provide recommendations, as needed, for mid period incentives based on actual / forecasted results.
- Incentive Design: You will develop recommendations that improve the structure and components of compensation plans across all functions within Global Field Ops. You'll also present final recommendations to our Chief Revenue Officer, SVP of WW Sales, Chief Finance Officer, and VP of Finance. Perform look back analyses to assess the effectiveness of our compensation plans.
- BS/BA required.
- 2+ years of work experience in Sales Compensation Administration, Sales Operations, Compensation Design, Compensation related Analytics, or similar field in SaaS organizations.
- Power user proficiency with the MS Office suite (especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint). There will be an Excel Test as part of the interview process.
- Proven ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Very strong attention to detail, executive presence, and engagement skills.
- Highly collaborative style with the ability to influence and adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency.
- Experience with the Xactly Incent compensation platform.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.