Senior Support Engineer at Atlassian
Trello support engineers have an incredible amount of autonomy in determining how best to contribute their talents and skills. Will a short video help customers get started? They can make it. Need to write a script to help a customer with the API? They can do it. There's plenty of room for creativity and technical exploration when it comes to better serving our customers.
The other side of Support is working with other teams. All of our teams (Engineering, Marketing, Sales, etc.) benefit from Support's role in working directly with customers. It's Support's job to figure out how we can serve them as effectively as possible. For example, when working with the Engineering team, Support needs to know when a bug can stay under the radar versus when we should sound the alarm. Relationship building, prioritization of projects and super-effective communication-all while being remote from each other-will be a major part of your work.
We're looking for a Senior Support Engineer that through a combination of technical and coaching skills can help continue to mature our support services and help develop this dynamic team of customer champions. If that sounds like you, then you've found the opportunity that you've been waiting for.
This is a fully remote position that can be based on the US East Coast.
In this role you'll get to
- Be a leader on a global team of high-performing support engineers
- Experiment with new methods to help customers, whether that be with new tools, self-help options, or entirely new channels
- Coach team members on how to best use their time in and out of the queue to improve customer experience and scale the support team's operations
- Develop cross-functional relationships with Product, Design, and Engineering teams, so that Support continues to be a key driver of product improvement/quality and customer insight
- Review and analyze key operational metrics (or create them when they don't exist) to showcase positive trends and identify areas for improvement
On your first day, for all of our senior level support roles, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in technical support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community, preferably including support for SaaS products.
- Delivered support or service via email, phone, and video (or screen-shares).
- Worked in a high case volume environment.
- Demonstrated the ability to prioritize work and assess risk.
- De-escalated difficult situations with customers.
- Experience with APIs and REST calls.
- Functional understanding of SSO, SAML, Active Directory, etc.
- Mentored other support engineers to help them grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Coordinated training and onboarding for new team members.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easily understood, concise language [English].
- Experience working independently-because in some cases, you might be the only team member working in a particular timezone.
Day to day details:
- Resolve customer issues involving troubleshooting, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis.
- Perform case reviews to identify trends, monitor and assess queue health, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Help develop the team by conducting brown bags and delivering feedback.
- Create and curate internal and external knowledge-base documentation.
- Own internal and developer escalations.
- Be a role model of Atlassian values and culture, actively shaping and inspiring people around them.
- Provide ad-hoc guidance to customers, internal teams, Atlassian Solution Partners and others, regarding how to properly implement Atlassian products.
- Participate in weekend and holiday rotation and/or on-call as required.
More about our team:
- The team is filled with customer focused individuals that champion and support industry-leading products used by a growing list of 85K customers globally. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product, as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product, the quality of our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
- To learn more about working with the Support Team at Atlassian, check out our Support page!
- For a breakdown of our Enterprise Services and Support groups, here's more information!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .