Senior System Administrator
What you’ll be called: Senior System Administrator
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for in 2019; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
What you’ll do:
Exercise independent judgement to establish strategy surrounding Linux based infrastructure to encompass both new development and operational problem resolution
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, install, administer, maintain and upgrade Linux based infrastructure within a corporate environment. Configure internal systems.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement to streamline operations.
- Perform system performance tuning and system monitoring (e.g., server system logs, messages and alerts). Diagnose and troubleshoot system issues and failures as they arise and develop long-term strategy to prevent future malfunctions.
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications.
- Maintain operating software such as OS, applications, library versions, etc.
- Control the production environment to ensure stability and uptime.
- Monitor networks and security, and manage complex systems.
- Automate tools, systematically reducing manual effort.
- Create and update documentation surrounding processes and procedures.
- Mentor other System Administrators.
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 6 or more years’ experience with Linux OS installations, updating and migrations.
- Basic scripting knowledge.
- Flexibility to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Proficient in MS office and Google Suite.
- 8 or more years Linux experience.
- Experience with CentOS 5/6/7, scripting (shell, Python, Perl, PHP, Golang), and GCP or other cloud providers.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or Terraform.
- Experience with monitoring software, and VMware.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe and is number one in units and volume in the United States. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, TX. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.