Senior System Engineer - Storage/DPS
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the Role:
We are looking for an engineer with a wide knowledge of various systems, who loves the thrill of supporting a global data center footprint, lives to solve problems, is excited about the Cloud. We are looking for someone with experience working in technology environments with at least 200 servers and 5+ years of experience supporting EMC DPS and storage platforms, Cisco, VMware and Microsoft Network and Server Technologies.
This position may require participating in on-call rotations, and working nights, weekends, and during holidays as necessary.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for Engineering, Automating, Installing, Configuring, and providing 24x7 on call Support for storage, virtualization, operating systems and applications associated.
- You will proactively identify and implement application, infrastructure and operating system monitoring/alerting for security, performance and capacity planning.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for training co-workers, improving our Service Level Agreements, and communicating with end user around changes and incidents.
What we'll want you to have:
- Experience with Storage/DPS - EMC, Data Domain, and Isilon experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Virtual Technologies - VMWare ESX, Citrix XenApp strongly preferred
- Experience with Server technologies - Cisco UCS, vBlock strong preferred
- Knowledge of Scripting using MS PowerShell.
- Knowledge OS/Cloud Technologies-Windows Server and Clustering, Azure, SQL Server; Microsoft Active Directory, Systems Center and SolarWinds monitoring.