Senior Systems Administrator, CFS
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Application Operations Team is accountable for the day-to-day service operations, activities, processes, and infrastructure responsible for delivering value to the business. We specialize in Release and Deployment Management, Service Request Fulfillment, and Incident Management; however, we also contribute to our organization's Capacity Management, Information Security Management, Change Management, Asset and Configuration Management, and Problem Management to help drive continual process improvement across service strategy, design, and transition.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive changes with our engineering, development, infrastructure, and architect teams to help build scalable, highly available and robust solutions for our clients.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system issues and provide timely response to technical teams.
- Analyze hardware and infrastructure to determine how it relates to the application performance.
- Setup and monitor alerts related to the infrastructure and application.
- Profile system usage to provide plans for expansion and growth.
- Complete pre-staging, onboarding, and enablement requests for new Blackbaud Hosting clients.
- Follow proper case management best practices and utilize the appropriate escalation workflows.
Release and Deployment Management
- Adhere to the Change Control Management (CCM) Policy and Procedures
- Follow Change Management workflows to properly submit requests for changes (RFC's)
- Conduct post change validation to help reduce the number of incidents caused by change
- Facilitate quality assurance sign-off efforts to help reduce escaped defects and improve release quality
- Maintain availability for predefined production environment maintenance windows
- Validate and expand our pre-deployment testing steps/plan
- Evaluate the validity of our deployment plans, change instructions, and rollback steps
- Contribute to the PowerShell Script repository\library to help improve automation
- Address & fulfill product specific issues logged through Blackbaud’s ticketing solution to help maintain our commitment to Operational Level Agreements (OLA’s)
- Monitor and remediate critical SCOM alerts identified by the Operations Center
- Quickly report client impacting events and respond to incident notifications appropriately
- Complete top 5 checks and participate in the troubleshooting/resolution effort
- Follow up on assigned post incident review (PIR) action items and contribute to the root cause analysis
- Establish KPI’s, monitor thresholds, communicate metrics, and identify areas for review and improvement
What we’ll want you to have:
- BS in Computer Science or related concentration or 3-5 years equivalent experience in related field.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, VMware vSphere, Citrix XenApp, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), PowerShell and Microsoft Azure.
- Good understanding of networks and server performance issues.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak on varying technical levels
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.