Senior Systems Engineer, Asset & Configuration Management at Blackbaud
About the role:
As a Senior Systems Engineer focused on Configuration Management, you will be responsible for the engineering, design, and implementation of ServiceNow Discovery, and the maintenance and health of the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB). This includes leveraging all ServiceNow’s IT Operations Management (ITOM) and IT Asset Management (ITAM) capabilities, including Service Mapping, implementation of best practices using ServiceNow’s Common Service Data Model (CSDM), as well as Asset Management and Software Asset Management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive improvements in configuration management processes and ServiceNow device discovery by leveraging industry standards and best practices.
- Improve and ensure accuracy of CMDB inventory, and support improvements and automation with ServiceNow Discovery.
- Developing and maintaining discovery patterns to expand on out-of-the-box ServiceNow Discovery capabilities.
- Collaborate with network, system, and application Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), to assist in solving discovery gaps.
- Design and model business services in the CMDB using ServiceNow’s Common Service Data Model (CSDM).
- Implement Service Mapping to support end to end relationships of business services and capabilities.
- Collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders to build out a mature asset lifecycle management function, with processes and workflows that align with industry standards and best practices.
- Ensure strict compliance to, and adherence of, security standards, enhance audit capabilities and protect the integrity of customer and constituent data.
- Leverage and/or develop integrations with other platforms and tools.
What we'll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or 8+ years of work experience or equivalent project experience required.
- Experience with ServiceNow’s ITOM and ITAM solutions, including CMDB, Discovery and Asset Management capabilities, as well as working knowledge of ITIL.
- Experience in systems engineering and operations in large enterprise computing environments, including working knowledge of Windows and Linux, both physical and virtual, as well as a good understanding of networking and storage concepts.
- Experience creating or modifying scripts or automation, such as Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or similar for cloud orchestration required.
- Experience working with public cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed to provide tactical response for production impacting incidents or key customer events.