Senior Systems Engineer, Communications & Collaboration
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to stop breaches. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around artificial intelligence, machine learning, and behavioral-based prevention and detection to stay ahead of adversaries and innovate in the field of cybersecurity. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. We have raised significant financing and received several accolades including:
- Named Leader in the Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response (IR) Services Q1 2019 report.
- Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 List; the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- CrowdStrike scored the highest in Gartner Critical Capabilities Report for forward leaning organizations.
- CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- Named Leader in Forrester Wave Endpoint Security Suites and Forrester Wave Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
About the Role
The CrowdStrike Information Technology team is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team. This position will be focused on our internal messaging and communications systems, operating as the functional lead and solutions architect for the platforms.
To succeed in this role, you must be a self-starter who functions well as part of, a distributed IT team. You must be comfortable and confident in assessing when to ask for guidance and when to make autonomous decisions, all of which must place the success and integrity of the company and its employees as the primary goal.
In this role you will be responsible for designing, implementing, managing, scaling, maintaining and securing all facets of the CrowdStrike communications platforms. This includes supporting the full lifecycle and administration of e-mail, voice, instant messaging and MDM (Mobile Device Management) platforms.
- Solution Architecture, design, implementation and operational duties for existing and future communications platforms for email, voice and instant messaging
- Monitoring of health and platform performance, adjusting as needed to continuously improve the user experience.
- Design and support scalable solutions that support rapid business growth in an agile methodology with on-demand resources
- Implement, manage and maintain reliable disaster recovery/high availability architecture
- Design, implement and maintain robust international communications presence with emphasis on reliability and low latency performance
- Manage and optimize spam filtering solutions
- Evaluate new messaging related products and services
- Support email, telecommunications and instant messaging platforms and integration, such as MS Exchange, VOIP, Slack, etc.
- Re-design, update and manage MDM services, mobile policies and security related configurations
- Maintain, optimize and update existing enterprise platforms
- Provide Tier-3 support to internal customers with
- Develop and maintain excellent internal documentation and procedures
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10+ years hands-on deployment, administration and troubleshooting experience in mid to large scale enterprise communications systems
- Ability to analyze issues and provide clear, effective, solutions with minimal interruption to business flow
- Design and administration of the current and legacy Microsoft Server Platforms
- Architecture, design and administration knowledge with Microsoft Exchange 2016 and/or Exchange 2019
- Communications Security Concepts
- Exchange clustering/DAG/redundancy/failover
- Extensive experience with Active Directory design and architecture
- E-mail encryption technologies
- PowerShell or other script language
- MDM policy management and deployment
- Instant Messaging platform administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MCSA, MCSE with MCSE: Messaging preferred
- Experience with or exposure to Microsoft Exchange, Contact Center platforms (VoIP), Slack or other messaging platforms
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.