Senior Systems Engineer - Data Services at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking to hire a Senior Engineer to the Data Services team to help us take our database systems to the next level. We’re looking for a highly-technical, hands-on engineer, who loves to work with data plane services like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka and Hadoop, and is comfortable building automation around large-scale cloud-based critical systems. We’ll be looking at candidate CVs with an eye on achievement -- what you’ve accomplished in the past tells us the most about what you can do for us in the future.
This position allows remote work.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the data components - including Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop, and Spark, and use that understanding to operate and automate properly configured clusters.
- Work with Engineering to roll out new products and features.
- Develop infrastructure services to support the Crowdstrike engineering team’s pursuit of a full devops model.
- Work closely with Engineering and Customer Support to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues, regardless of when they happen.
- Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with large scale datastores using technologies like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop, and Spark.
- Experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments
- Experience operating within the cloud, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- Track record of making great decisions, particularly when it matters most
- Rock solid communication skills, verbal and written
- A combination of confidence and independence... with the prudence to know when to ask for help from the rest of the team
- Experience in the information security industry preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as CS, CIS or Engineering
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.