Senior Systems Engineer
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Success Operations, the Sr. Systems Engineer (Labs) owns the design and day-to-day management of global lab environments for CSO stakeholders (Technical Learning Services, Professional Services, and Technical Support).
To enable these teams to deliver on their mission of providing a world-class customer experience, you will collaborate with their technical subject matter experts to build, provision, and maintain lab environments that support their product and training needs.
Work location: Austin TX (must be willing to relocate to Austin area)
U.S. Citizenship OR Green Card status required
- Own the creation and execution of CSO global shared services Labs strategy
- Manage OPEX and CAPEX budget for all CSO Labs infrastructure
- Partner with IT Dev OPs to ensure that CSO global Labs leverage Forcepoint best practices and are delivered in a cost-effective and efficient manner
- Oversee the provisioning and configuration of on-premises and cloud-based lab environments using automated methods and tools, including scripting languages (such as Python, PowerShell), Ansible, Embotics vCommander workflows, vSphere APIs, etc.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain the physical and virtualized global lab environments (currently using VMWARE vSphere)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Forcepoint products, solutions, and associated offerings optimize lab installation and configuration
- Develop processes and tools that allow stakeholders to use Labs shared services self-sufficiently
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree a technical discipline such as computer science, engineering, or information systems, or equivalent work experience
- Proven expertise with provisioning, configuring, and operating cloud computing resources i.e. AWS, Ready Tech Systems, Google Cloud Platform
- Proven expertise in installing, configuring, and deploying Windows Server operating systems
- Expert troubleshooting skills, including the ability to identify networking, software, or configuration issues rapidly to avoid user disruption
- Intermediate experience with Windows and Linux operating systems, including regular patching
- Demonstrated experience with intermediate networking and systems security concepts
- Strong knowledge of server-based role-based access control, such as Active Directory, File Server, Exchange
- Strong experience in administering VMware vSphere environments and using their automation APIs (such as vAPI)
- Experience in provisioning virtual machines and performing SysPrep in a multiple operating system environment
- Experience working with complex software; Forcepoint software is a plus
- Technical certification a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, SSCP etc. or equivalent experience
- Comfortable effectively leading and working across internal and external functional teams, in-person and virtually
- Flexible and open to new ideas and feedback
- Able to generate creative solutions for the challenges of frequent Forcepoint software upgrades