Senior Workplace Manager at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Global Real Estate & Workplace Team (GREW) is responsible for managing all aspects of our office portfolio. From Return to Office, Real Estate strategy, location selection, leasing, design, projects, day-to-day operations, health & safety, facilities, events, and more! Our department’s true north is removing distractions from our workspaces and offering the best workplace experience possible to our staff and visitors.
This is a unique, and at times demanding position, and it takes a certain set of skills to really thrive. But in return, you will have the opportunity to work with and alongside employees at every level and every department virtually every day. More importantly, as a rapidly growing company, you will also have the ability to shape this role in a way that promotes your personal and professional development and sets the business up for success in the years to come.
There’s no denying the Future of Work is evolving, making it an exciting time to be a part of the GREW Team!What you’ll do...
- Support the Director of Workplace and Global Workplace Program with business projects and initiatives
- Oversee the Austin hub office and all regional spoke offices located in the Central US
- Create and implement systems and processes to streamline operations. Ensure the effective documentation and development of building and facilities information
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; lead or participate in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives
- Review and approve invoices inline with budget, manage expectations, office service requests and office operating costs in line with budget
- Identify, develop, recommend and implement cost saving opportunities and seek approval for recommendations. Strive for cost effective solutions and ROIs for future planning
- Manage any escalations with local vendors; own relationships with key operational vendors in the local market
- Champion strategies to ensure that the organization’s culture, systems, and processes support an environment that is inclusive for all and where employees feel able to contribute their fullest. Leverage diversity and inclusion as a tool to design and implement employee programs and services
- Handle office service requests, space utilization and office specific operating expense
Oversee cleaning services, food service operations and the repair and maintenance of equipment while building, maintaining and managing local vendor relationships.We’re looking for someone with…
- 5+ years office management/facility operations experience
- Experience overseeing multiple sites
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Flexible approach with superb interpersonal skills, both in verbal and written communications with an ability to effectively present information and communicate changes
- Space management and programming experience
- Highly organized with an attention to details and ability to multitask
- A high degree of independent judgement and discretion in order to identify, diagnose, and solve problems while taking a team approach to daily office operations
- Proficient with Google Suite, MS office applications, Slack and Mac
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.