SEO Associate (Austin OR Los Angeles OR Remote) at Cart.com
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:46 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
We’re looking for an SEO Associate to join our Marketing as a Service department. This role is a hybrid of technical and marketing, combining an understanding of the ever-changing organic landscape with the technical skills required to execute.
Our new SEO Associate will help analyze SEO performance and provide ongoing recommendations to improve organic visibility for our clients. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, keeps up to date with the latest industry best practices, and can work closely with the team (including web development, web design, content marketing, and more) to support the execution of a successful SEO strategy. Our Ideal candidate has a strong sense of technical SEO understanding and the ability to effectively communicate recommendations with our clients.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools) for purposes of diagnostic reporting on client projects
- Assist in the development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals
- Create, Monitor, and administer web analytics dashboards, reports, and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance with client goals
- Effectively document the findings and recommendations that match the company deliverables quality and depth
- Understands technical SEO roadblocks and can recommend a solution
- Analyze and report weekly SEO performance internally and externally.
- Tracks, analyze and report on various sources – Client vs. competitive set - including but not limited to Google Analytics, SearchMetrics, Botify, BrightEdge, SEMRush, Screaming Frog and various other SEO tools.
- Present (via phone, video, or in-person) SEO deliverables on weekly/monthly KPI reports.
Analysis / Reporting / Deliverables
- 1+ year of search engine optimization experience
- Minimum 1+ yrs. experience working in Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics.
- Minimum 1+ yrs. experience working in 3rd party SEO tools such as SearchMetrics, BrightEdge, SEMRush, SimilarWeb, etc.
- Excellent technical skills with proficiency in MS Office suite. Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables)
- Extensive knowledge of the search engine industry and knowledge of search engine algorithms.
- Basic understanding of core SEO practices including keyword research methodology and link building.
- Comfortable liaising with senior-level stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail and execution against tight timelines
- Experience with Google Data Studio
- General knowledge of e-commerce platforms and usability principles like Salesforce commerce cloud, Shopify, etc.,
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.