Service Desk Technician at Whole Foods Market
Performs installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computers (PC) and related systems. Troubleshoots and resolves software and hardware failures. Identifies network problems when they relate to personal (desktop or laptop) computers.
- Gains familiarity with and assists Team Members in resolving hardware and software issues by fielding telephone calls, email, or in person appointments
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing a wide range of issues in the hardware, software, virtual/could, and infrastructure space.
- Monitors the incident Management system to ensure timely acknowledgement and resolution of support requests.
- Relies on established guidelines and instruction to perform daily job functions.
- With limited guidance, performs a variety of installs and troubleshoots computer and Software issues.
- With limited guidance, performs a variety of duties, including:
- Installing and configuring basic workstation hardware and software,
- Assisting with provision of first and second level support and resolution,
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, and connectivity issues,
- Assisting with installations and updates of security software, and with decontamination of infected systems to align with current security standards.
- Works within established SLA parameters.
- Solid knowledge of personal computer hardware setup and routine software installation.
- Solid foundation and understanding of Mac OS.
- Solid understanding of Mac file structure, terminologies, troubleshooting, and basic terminal knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills both remotely and in person.
- High level of troubleshooting capability for Windows, Mac, and other IT hardware and peripherals in an enterprise environment.
- Basic knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- Solid understanding of collaboration products such as Office 365.
- Ability to create and understand technical knowledge articles
- Solid communication and active listening skills
- Someone who is always looking to improve and advance themselves and their team both technically and professionally.
- Follows standard operating procedures and written directions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Takes on challenging tasks or difficult questions with a mindset of resolving the task or question.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Develops and maintains working relationships both within and outside of the team.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and 1-2 years’ relevant experience.
- 1 to 2 yrs. experience with using and supporting:
- MS Active Directory (AD)
- Microsoft Windows OS and the file structure
- Mac OS and the file structure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.